1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion X'ogro city of the sands and the gura'dai

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Xholankha the lost one, Mar 11, 2016.

Tags:
?

would you like a conversion

Poll closed Mar 18, 2016.
  1. lizardmen conversion

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. skaven conversion

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. empire conversion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. undead conversion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. dwarf conversion

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. ork and goblin conversion

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

I tread lightly only because I don't like to offend people =) but the black market is a great idea, really. I do look forward to seeing this develop (as I might shift my own ideas if I catch one that fits in my story haha).

Is this going to end up being the fluff for your host? or will there be a story to this later on as well?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Xholankha the lost one
    Chameleon Skink

Xholankha the lost one Well-Known Member

That was my first idea for the elves, but I'm kinda bored with GW endless amount of
    'There are but 3 of these AMAZING!, AWESOME!, OM(F******)G WHY DO YOU MAKE THIS BADASS THING SO RATE I HATE GW, WHERE IS THE LIVE LONG AND PROSPER AND THE OH THERE ARE LOAD OF THESE BUT THEIR HIDDEN ATTITUDE'

Sorry had to get that out

But This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi(8th edition rememberers)” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin(yes skaven and GW members), van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of fantasy.....*rambles on*(v for new rules and new exciting fluff)
    Looks a @Y'ttar Scaletail shifty

Bowser likes this.
  3. Xholankha the lost one
    Chameleon Skink

I'm writing stories for it would you like to be a part of it?

Bowser likes this.
  4. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

I do enjoy the creative process =) let me know if you want to bounce ideas around, you can message me anytime.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Xholankha the lost one
    Chameleon Skink

Great thanks will do

Bowser likes this.
  6. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

Verily, ye vile non-verminous lizard-thing...I mean...er...Kill-slay the superior Skavenkind, for the Horned R...er...Old Ones?

7. Xholankha the lost one
    Chameleon Skink

Indeed thought you were a skaven for a moment
    *lowers spear*

Bowser likes this.
  8. Xholankha the lost one
    Chameleon Skink

Do you want to be included as a character in a short story I'm writing

9. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

That kind of reminds of how Elves were portrayed on the D&D setting of Athas. In Athas you have desert Dwarves, desert Elves, desert Humans. The world is pretty much all desert except for a few secret forests. On Athas, most Elves are traders and merchants and they tend to be scheming disreputable merchants.

You can read Athas's Wikipedia article but the cliff notes version is in Athas most magic comes from plant life. Preservers could tap small amounts of power from plants while Defilers essentially strip mined plants leaving them dead and the soil around them infertile. Greedy magic users turned the planet from a vibrant nice place to live into a hellish desert. Rajaat got the bowl rolling on this defiling much of the world in his genocidal campaigns until his top lieutenants realized that they were also on Rajaat's kill list and they imprisoned him. Then the top lieutenant Borys goes bat skyte crazy and defiles MORE of the planet. Basically the former minions of the Rajaat have set themselves up as sorcerer kings ruling over the few remaining habitable areas. They encourage they citizens to worship them much like a certain North Korean family does. Slavery is widespread, water and food is scarce, metal is so scarce that copper and iron is worth it's weight in gold, metaphorically. Gold is LUDICROUSLY rare. And everything in this setting is dark. Elves being swindling merchants is just one tiny detail.

Bowser likes this.