1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Thunderkroaknado

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Flo, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Flo
    Kroxigor

Flo Well-Known Member

Soo there is this guy in my local GW Store, total powergamer, always winning, always bragging, you know that kind of guy :)

Aaaaand he challenged me ("i will crush you, nobody can beat me blablabla")

We never played before because i usually don't play games (and opponents) like that

So i started to think about some really hard lists, that kind of lists where you start losing not only your friends but also your family, and your place in heaven

As i browsed through many tournament lists and came across one red thread which is in many of them

either Kroak on a Vortex or Thunderquake

soo i messed with the Warscroll Builder (again) and got surprised that there is the possibility to fit in both of this

I therefore proudly present

the THUNDERKROAKNADO

Kroak 450
    Balewind 100
    EotG 220

10 Skinks 60
    10 Skinks 60
    10 Skinks 60
    4 Razordons 160
    3 Handlers 40

Bastiladon 280
    Bastiladon 280

Thunderquake 170

Sums up to 1880 Points

with the remaining 120 Points i could squeeze in:

more Razordons
    more Skinks
    a Skinkpriest and a Razor

What are your thoughts on this?

Sounds better than it is?

Game will be in May so i have plenty of time to paint all the models i need

2. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

I think you really need astrolith.. Rerolls for bastis and +1 to cast for kroak . That list can put tons of mortal wound:) maybe you can have problems vs a fast and hard hitter list!

3. Itza'qu
    Skink

Itza'qu New Member

I think you should replace one bastiladon with a stegadon. It will add a bit of utility, and you'll be better at keeping the one bastiladon buffed up and unkillable. Also, you should beef up those skink units. Skinks are great, but with only ten-man groups they'll evaporate.

Do you know what army the guy tends to use? if so, you may be able to cater your build to counter him.

4. Flo
    Kroxigor

Flo Well-Known Member

When cutting the Razordons to 3 i would have enough points remaining for an Astrolith

He is either Playing a khorne list or mixed Chaos or mixed order, as 2 of 3 Lists he will use many Demons i would like to keep my 2 bastis:)

5. Nefertem
    Temple Guard

Nefertem Well-Known Member

Do you know what army you will face?

6. Flo
    Kroxigor

Flo Well-Known Member

EDIT: he will play mixed chaos

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I agree about the Astrolith Bearer, you should use one.

One problem could be that you are low on wounds. An army with a considerable damage output can mess you up pretty badly.

So if you can get first turn and hit the enemy hard, you have a good chance of winning. If you don't, you are probably screwed.

Mission goals will also matter a lot. If you have to split your forces up you have a problem.
    Two Bastis are nice but they are not exactly the fastest unit. Great if you can put them on an objective though, as the enemy will need a massive amount of forces to bring them down.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  8. Flo
    Kroxigor

Flo Well-Known Member

I just heard that he really think that i will be playing a kroaknado and to counter that he will be playing 4 hellcannons

So i guess i will either play a sunclaw variation with 2 Bastiladon or a thunderquake

Maybe some list with a dread saurian, if he want that kind of play i will show him what our Seraphon could do

9. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Hell cannons?
    Aren't that those old oop 300 points things that are considered completely overpowered?

wait...do they even have points in the GHB2017?

I would probably kill the crews with a shadowstrike or so.

Flo likes this.
  10. Flo
    Kroxigor

Flo Well-Known Member

Exactly, that are hellcannons, they got points still 300 points and a warscroll hidden deep in the errata, really hard nur as you said i can just kill the crew