1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion The Seraphon rulebook has precious little info about how they actually LIVE.

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Stormscales, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Dragonfire
    Cold One

Dragonfire Well-Known Member

I love lore and devour as much of it as I can. That said, I can't find any steady or consistent explanation of lore for Seraphon or really any other faction. I know in the past lore was spread throughout many different books but it feels like there's not a whole lot of explanation of AoS. Maybe you guys can clarify something for me?

So it seems like Azyr is a form of Afterlife, and that the races from the old Warhammer world each occupy different planes of it. Sigmar pulled back his minions and made the Sigmarites and now is leading a crusade against the Forces of Death and Destruction. The Seraphon are the lizardmen who were adrift in the spirit realms after leaving the Old World behind but were rescued by Dracothion (a weird dragon thing that gave them a purpose) and now they are summoned to fight Chaos whenever the forces of Order need them?

Also, Tomb Kings and Bretonnians were Squatted, and other races are not receiving any kind of updates at the moment as GW focuses on others?" So we don't know what happened to High Elves other than now there are three lists for them?

Bowser likes this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Because Settra does not serve Sigmar. Settra rules!

:blackalien:

Bowser, Killer Angel and Dragonfire like this.
  3. Dragonfire
    Cold One

Settra does indeed rule. :D (I love Egyptian themed stuff and also used to play Tomb Kings)

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I love you. :D

More on point, yeah, often the most interesting fluff is the one made by players.
    And Seraphon AoS stories written by members of this forum, are an excellent example of how deep and interesting could be the fluff even for "memories"

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  5. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Azyr is one of the Realms, each realm being a Wind of Magic made manifest, with a God (Sigmar, Nagash, Alarielle, Teclis, Malerion, Gorkamork, Grungi, And two or three others) who embodied that Wind o magic during th End times.

The Slann escaped the Old World on the Temple ships, which were the old temple cities when they wete inactive. They drifted though the void of space and were found By Dracothian (Assumed to be Sotek or another Old one.)
    He led them to the Realms, where they settle to Destroy Chaos once in for all. Inthia endeavor, they scry the stars and can predict the future more accurately than evn Tzeentch. This is the Great Game, as thr Great Plan failed.

All the other factions are present, though they hav snippets o lore. The Tomb Kings are present, but as the Black Empire on one of the Realms, I believe. And Bretonia is basically any knightly order among the realms, inluding some aelven horselords.

Bowser likes this.
  6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Every time I read Aelves it get pronounced in a strong North Carolina accent in my head. :facepalm: (Aaaaelves)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  7. Deynon-Nikus
    Skink

Deynon-Nikus Member

I actually read it in a Danny Devito voice, with him croaking "AYLVES" like how he says "TRAHSH" and "GAHRBAGE"

Anywho folks, fret not about the age of sigmar fluff. From what I've pieced together, the Seraphon do exist outside of the minds of the slann and persist between battles I can make a longer post with sources later if I remember.

The thing is, the age of sigmar fluff is inconsistent as hell, and many passages talk about them springing forth from the minds/memories of the slann, but some bits of it can only be true if the seraphon exist individually apart from the slann (i.e. a skink waking up a slann from his nap, seraphon existing after the slann has fallen in battle, etc).

We know that the seraphon dwell in "High Azyr" wherever that is in a universe-sized realm, so I like to imagine they have floating chunks of lustria they're chilling out on when not in battle.

"But what about the passage that reads they have no need to muster and can summon instantly into battle?"

Well that just means they are battle ready at all times, even when relaxing. They fight naked and with clubs, it's not like it takes them long to go from laying about in starlight to that.

Bowser likes this.
  8. Dragonfire
    Cold One

I thought they had some advanced weapons? I'm saying this just based off the art.

Bowser likes this.
  9. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Yes and no...
    they have some artifacts left by the old ones,
    and that technology is a mixture of technology and magic.
    For instance we discovered that their temples where actually spaceships.
    the Lizardmen themselves... don't really invent things.

Bowser likes this.
  10. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The starseer help craft the celestite weapons. There is some fluff in the product descriptions, so you find out that Sunblood are living breathing Saurus.They do live in high Azyr outside the Slann's mind, the beasts are mostly not memories as well, with the exception of cold ones.

11. Deynon-Nikus
    Skink

Deynon-Nikus Member

There's one bit of fluff where they leave behind their warbeasts after a battle, and the beasts form roaming herds that shake the ground with their steps.

That would imply that not only are the warbeasts alive but they can breed.

Bowser likes this.
  12. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

PhoenixTheCat Well-Known Member

It just said that it was horned beasts, which means it could be something other than what we already have. Hopefully this hints at a new release.

Bowser likes this.
  13. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

That could just mean Stegadons, as they are 'horned' beasts. Of course if we were to get more dinosaurs... I would not complain.

Bowser likes this.
  14. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

As usual I'm late for the party, but I heard(from a stormcast player no less) in the 4th age of sigmar book Seraphon show up and to qoute " sound like total bad asses" I haven't read it yet so I can't verify but I am going to start it tonight lol. It was probably mentioned already but from what I gather its the Slann (maybe some Skinks)and they "remember" everything else into existence.

Captaniser likes this.
  15. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Good, because in the third book Seraphon were a pathetic. A Oldblood on a carnosaur and Slaan get killed in one swing by GW newest Mary sue, Khorgos Khul.

Wazz likes this.
  16. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

If true, "Aelves" is public domain, has been for centuries[?] and is un-trademarkable?

Yup.

I got the idea that the entire city lifted off, leaving a ragged, vaguely polygonal crater in the ground[?]

But I own zero End Times publications. Whatever I know is from summaries people posted here and other places, in the midst of their angst, terror, uncertainty and fear that they experienced when their beloved lore-fluff/story-tales literally asploded. (Along with the planet.)

But my 'fluff', for my army, is unchanged, unaffected and (unless this is being viewed on a mobile) it is right there in my signature.

n810 and Wazz like this.
  17. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

@Captaniser are you sure it was the 3rd book? @pendrake can you link it in a mobile friendly way? Lol sorry.

18. TheSkeptic
    Chameleon Skink

TheSkeptic Active Member

I don't particularly like AoS lore, but I can tolerate it, because I know that for now it's in its infancy. What we're faced with right now as far as lore goes is the framework, in my opinion. It's not very impressive right now, but it's something from which more lore and stories can grow as the game ages. 40Ks lore wasn't very robust for the first couple of years or so after it was released, after all. Nor was WHFB. I am a little concerned that we're moving away from things like editions though, since the less books we have, the less chances we'll have for new lore. We might not get to much lore for a while though, since GW is busy working on 8th edition for 40k.

Wazz likes this.
  19. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

So I can confirm, in book 4 the Seraphon do show up, and start fighting Nurgle mortals, so far its pretty cool but the battle just started.

20. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

@Wazz
    I have put my official fluff into my "profile flicker". Actually, it is a new [and improved?] version which is 11 percent! longer** than the old one. I think you will be able to see it on a mobile.

(**I added two words.)