1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Start Collecting...

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by blackrainbow, Jan 3, 2016.

1. blackrainbow
    Saurus

blackrainbow Member

So these are new and a great deal IMO.
    http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Start-Collecting-Seraphon
    For USD $85 you get:
    +old blood on carnisaur
    +unit of eight Saurus Knights
    +twelve Saurus Warriors

(and an exclusive Warscroll Battalion rules sheet for AoS... if your into that sort of thing).

While I already have my carnisaur, this might temp me a second.

Caprasauridae likes this.
  2. Varnak
    Jungle Swarm

Varnak New Member

Tempting...if it weren't for those cold one sculpts.

3. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

I still don't have a Carnosaur and would love to own and paint one. But I have enough Warriors and Cold One Riders. I guess I could try to sell them, but I have a feeling they wouldn't sell very well... But many of the other packages seem really great!

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Can anyone confirm if the Seraphon Start Collecting kit includes all the pieces to build a Troglodon?
    At least they don't cost you anything beyond what a straight up Carno kit would cost.
    Agreed, those are some pretty bad sculpts.

Caprasauridae likes this.
  5. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

@NIGHTBRINGER I don't have the box, but from what I have read, all the other boxes have all the sprues that come with each kit. So I'm very certain that this is the case with the Lizardmen box as well. Also, they'd have to remake the sprues to exclude the other variants, and that would cost a helluva lot of money.

Huh, you are right in that it's the same price as just the Carno! For some reason I thought it's a bit more expensive. Then as long as I can sell them for *something* I'll make profit, that's cool. I guess I'm getting meself a Carno!

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

It truly is a spectacular deal and a bit out of GW's character. Maybe we are seeing a new and improved GW!

Admittedly though I'd give up all those Saurus and Saurus cavalry in a heartbeat for some terradons or kroxigors in the box instead. But I can't complain :). I wish I could find a local game store (or online retailer) in Canada that offers additional discounts on GW stuff. Apparently these places are quite common in the US but I can't find any here.

blackrainbow likes this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Quite common in the UK as well, shame the postage to Canada would out weigh the discount as I could have bought it for you and posted it over.

http://www.goblingaming.uk/tabletop...start-collecting-seraphon-99120208023/dp/7099

8. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

I think Wayland Games has a free worldwide postage if you buy with 40£ or more. And the Start Collecting boxes are 40£ (so 83.3 CAD or 57.5 USD) so you would get it 20% cheaper than from GW.

EDIT: Forgot the link. And it seems like it's free shipping for orders of 30£ or more

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/seraphon/27655-start-collecting-seraphon

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Unfortunately it's territory restricted so they won't post to Canada

10. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Ah, I thought that restriction only applied to Australia and New Zealand. That's annoying.

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's a shame. :(

You're right. Thanks anyways.

12. blackrainbow
    Saurus

blackrainbow Member

See if they have an ebay store. There are a few there that offer good deals.

Also, sad as it may be, these prices are basically a carnosaur + two free units. Ahh well, kit-bash time.

13. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Shame about the round bases IMHO, that way I would never be able to use them. Pretty neat deal nonetheless!

The Hunted

14. Hyperborean
    Ripperdactil

Hyperborean Well-Known Member

Oh man this incredibly tempting to get, I just finished up at a convention. Course GW does this when I don't have the money to throw around! Be nice to get some extra units with the Carno thrown in!

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

You could always buy or make some square/rectangular bases.

16. Khelandros
    Cold One

Khelandros Active Member

Haven't ordered anything from them, but I was told they can get all the non-web exclusives. Rather envious at the pricing of the new Chaos book relative to what I paid for the Seraphon battletome. :eek:

EDIT: Catalog spreadsheet.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  17. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

I'm just going to start on this hobby later on the year, and, if this bundle is permanent, I will be a really happy lizard (I could even get 2 Chaos Warriors boxes just because those horses, I do want too 3 Tau boxes.).

Gonna buy 2: I get 2 big theropods (wanna try a blue/green and yellow Troglodon and Grymloq) while they gift me two Cold Ones boxes and one Warrior box with 4 extra dudes.

And yup, White Dwarf already said that you can ensamble any box as you want.

18. blackrainbow
    Saurus

blackrainbow Member

You can get bundles of square bases decently priced from online auction sites. If your really daring, check out our Red neigbors to the east. I got some good deals that way (~50 bases for $10 USD).
    Edit: yup, EB has some red vendors with 100>$18. Hit it.

What I'm super hoping is that they release another similar set ("Continue Collecting"!) with more options like a different troop (or more, yeah skinks!), elite and rare. Having two sets of boxes like that would be great for the hobby IMO.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Crowsfoot likes this.