1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Lizardmen view on other races

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Zeprot, Apr 9, 2010.

1. JesseS
    Skink

JesseS New Member

@eppe; True, but I'm not arguing that they see them as better, just that they do easily comprehend the difference.

2. Raithial
    Saurus

Raithial New Member

I always viewed each subclass of Lizardmen in their own sort of views of different races.
    I suppose the slann are the least emotional, and therefor mostly review the different races according to their uses towards the Great Plan.
    The Saurus distrust most races, having been in combat with nearly every race imaginable except some giant insectoid planet-destroyers from the future. They would tend to go for broke, and just eliminate any race that poses a liability towards the plan.
    The Skinks are most agile of mind, swift thinkers and workers, but cowardly also(to lizardmen standards) I think when neccesary skinks would negociate some form of alliance with the forces of order, so long as they percieve no threat from them (which makes dwarves a real no-no... y'know, mountain moving and stuff)
    As for the skink priests, they would harbour the same views as the Slann, but too a lesser extent.

I always viewed chameleon skinks, and Southlands skinks(think back to the previous lizardmen book) to be more predatory in nature, and territorial to a fault. They'd probably think twice about leaving their territory and wound hunt down any mortal stupid enough to enter.

I think the views of Lizardmen are fairly complicated; they seem to be quite enigmatic and fearsome, even when bared of their weapons.

3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I think Lizardmen should have free will and the capacity to form their own opinions (another topic I know), but this would lead to individuals having individual opinions.

I figure Slann would disagree on various topics, including how to deal with the warm blooded races. I figure ancient races like the Slann wouldn't get bogged down in petty arguments and would have mastered the art of agreeing to disagreeing over thousands of years of telepathically communing. I also think they'd follow seniority and obey the directives of elder Slann. That being said, I think the Slann tend to leave each other to their own devices most of the time.

Maybe one Slann thinks their top priority should be eliminating Skaven, another thinks humanity needs to be strengthened (by paring out their spiritually weak members) to let them better fight Chaos. Maybe another Slann thinks as long as the various groups stay so busy fighting each other, they can't mess up the Old Ones plans as long as no one group gains dominant power. Mazdamundi doesn't want to specialize and wants simultaneously eliminate all the undesireables and reloate the straying Old One approved races. Most Slann probably have better thnings to do than ponder the lesser races constantly.

I think the Skinks, Kroxigor, and Saurus would listen to the Slann and do what they are told. That being said, I'm of the opinion that the Slann are unlikely to micromanage their servants for day-to-day tasks and certainly don't tell them what opinions they are supposed to have about other races.

The skinks are smart enough to tell the difference between Chaos tainted humans and treasure seeking humans, but most skinks probably go their whole lives seeing only one kind of human (if that). They probably form their opinions based on what few interactions they had with humans or the interactions they are told about by other skinks. Without clear indications from the Slann they would try to interpret vague statements about th other races from the Slann and try to mesh them with their existing beliefs as best they can. I do think skinks would universally despise Skaven, but other than that opinions would vary.

Saurus and Kroxigor probably put little thought towards the lesser races when not in battle, then they let insinct take over or concentrate on orders given to them.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.