1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Painting Sound Tracks ^.^

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by CaptainKirk, Feb 25, 2013.

1. CaptainKirk
    Saurus

CaptainKirk New Member

Hey guys, just wondering what you listen to while you paint :) For me, its just a ton of Epic Music..

Two Steps from Hell (listen to Protectors of the Earth and find out why :jawdrop: )
    Les Friction (try listening to 'Louder than Words [instrumental version])
    Epic Score
    Audiomachine

There are a few more.. Sometimes I'll just start a Two Steps from Hell station on pandora. (listening to 'Heart of Courage' right now... :)

What about you guys?

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Sometimes I play some weird music form this site...
    http://www.weirdsville.com/radio.php
    I can stand the "Swank" "Exoticia" and Psyc" channels,
    the others are just a bit too weird.

These old skool radio type sites seeem to be getting rarer and rarer on the web.

3. IronJaw
    Cold One

IronJaw Member

Eh, depends.

I've found I like The Glitch Mob. Turn the sound down a tad, and leave it as white noise...

Actually I like to listen to a TV series (Netflix) or a book on tape.

4. PlasmaDavid
    Kroxigor

PlasmaDavid Active Member

Usually classical or jazz, anything soothing and better for background listening. I've also got a silly amount of video game soundtracks/remixes/etc I put on shuffle. There's a beaut track from the game Anno 1701, which features an Aztec settlement, which works nicely as a theme for the lizardmen :D

5. Stormfrog
    Saurus

Stormfrog New Member

Just like you Captain, im an avid listener of Two Steps from Hell while painting. Just haven't found any other kind of music that is as beautifull and inspiering. It lifts ones heart to hear.

Otherwise I listen to things like Kamelot, Nightwish, Amaranthe, Sabaton, Within Temptation and other such things while I slowly chew away at the huge pile of Temple Guard I have waiting...

6. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I generally listen to: "Why are these models in my living room....Nag, Nag, Nag...."

7. PossumCraft
    Skink

PossumCraft New Member

lulz at Arli's :p

I just put the whole music library on shuffle. Basically anything to sing along to.

8. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

I generally listen to an audio book (currently listening to the Alcatraz vs series by Brandon Sanderson while I wait for Words of Radiance to be released. If I'm not listening to an audio book, it's either Final Fantasy sound tracks or The Piano Guys (Cello Wars is awesome).

9. APhilmon
    Cold One

APhilmon New Member

I typically put a movie on; LoTRs, Predator(s), Terminator(s), Conan, etc... I love those movies, and the soundtracks rock.

10. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

Scrubs on Netflix in the background is my go to white-noise. Just enough of a distraction that I don't die of boredom painting, but not enough that I can't fully focus on what I'm doing for the really detail-y bits.

--DF2K

11. loq-gar
    Saurus

loq-gar New Member

ze radio!!

12. bonz
    Cold One

bonz Active Member

Emancipator is fantastic for listening to. suitably epic instrumental soundtracky ambient stuff :smug:

13. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

I DID have an iPod with the Kamelot discography on it but the dock broke. Now I suffer a similar fate to Arli, even though I have a room to myself! My lovely fiancee serenades me with: "I'm bored", "whatcha doin?", "how long will this take?", "Oh my god you're still on the same one!", "No wonder you lose, none of your things are painted", "Can we do something now?", "You have too many. Maybe I should get rid of some to make it easier..."

Gotta love (soon to be) married life :D

14. rexti
    Skink

rexti New Member

Hm, whatever I feel like.

Although, speaking of painting music. Back when it was popular, and i just happened to leave the radio on while painting, they kept throwing britney spears' "i was born to make you happy" at me over and over, so to this day, its the song in the world which i most asociate with painting warhammer >< It's not even a great song.

15. newscales
    Kroxigor

newscales New Member

Mine would have to be the sound of silence. I haven't painted in so long :(. Anyone have some free time they will sell?

16. Wreckr
    Skink

Wreckr New Member

dance music or trance music.... love it haha

17. anglo
    Skink

anglo New Member

The Black Library Audiobook and Audiodrama titles. mostly 40k stuff about the horus heresy
    :astronaut: :spiderman:
    :jimlad: :walkingdead:
    :blackalien: :spiderman:
    :jimlad: :spiderman: