1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your music?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by blackhawk, Feb 26, 2009.

1. blackhawk
    Chameleon Skink

blackhawk Member

ok trying to get some activity here....

what kind of music do you listen to? are you a diehard fan of some band or dj or rapper?

i prefer Metal and rock.
    Bands i really like within that genre are Dimmu borgir, Korpiklaani, Eluveitie, Dream theater, Death anger, Death, and many more.
    also is Epica my top favourite band. seen them way to many times live :rolleyes:

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I like Classical, Metal, old Rap, and singer's who have something to say in their lyrics.

Favorites right now are , Evanecence, Jem, Nightwish, and OLP.

3. fer
    Saurus

fer New Member

delerium, massive attack, e.s. posthumus, morcheeba, gorillaz, jem, old concrete blonde....

4. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

Mostly everything, minus Country and Yodelling.

This morning I drove to work listening to Disturbed - Indestructable and 10 Thousand Fists.

5. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

I played classical guitar semi-seriously for a few years, so still listen to a lot of that. Also listen to the cannibal corpse station a lot on last.fm! :bored:

To be honest I like anything with a decent tune, one of my fave songs ever is Never Forget by Take That! :p

6. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Have to join in on the wide taste of music here.. Of late I'm diving deep into Opeth and things like Extreme and Dream Police, but I'm likely to listen to both Christina Aguilera and a shostakovich symphonys as Megadeth and Tower of Power.

I do have a few prefferences that I'm likely to find catchy, but I'm very open minded and has lots of different music on my iTunes. As far as anything goes, you could say I like most things exept from so called "party music" and other "alternative" "music" ;) (although that to could be ok to listen to when the situation is right)

Ok, not sure if anyone still follows my train of thoughts, but: yeah, I'm fond of music in general and If I must specify a genre: It would be Metal, Prog and Rock(as in the 80)
    Well that was 3 generes but what the heck, I think that would probably sum it all up in a wrap :rolleyes:

7. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

i don't dislike genres of music but rather artists i think music of any "type" can be good just depends on the artist, favorites of mine would be clutch, static x, DMX, clint black, alisha keys, mozart, and linkin park i know that is a wide range but i enjoy each for different reasons i personally can't understand how someone can say one artist or genre is their favorite when there is simply too much good music out there to limit yourself that much

8. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Dropkick Murphys, The Offspring, Beck, Rise Against, Flogging Molly, HORSE the band, Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down, NOFX, In Flames, Disturbed, Ill NiƱo, Between the Buried and Me, and Cancer Bats to name a few (those are my top artists, according to Last.fm.

9. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I have quite a wide taste in music... I dislike (c)rap, and most country. Last year I discovered a love for Alice Cooper, and I quite like Greenday, AFI, Evanescence and classic rock like Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, ACDC. I don't admit it too much, but I kinda like a few girlie hiphop songs too. :p

10. ACe
    Saurus

ACe New Member

Well I CAN listen to almost anything, but I prefer metal and rock. I'd say my favourite bands are In Flames, CMX, (the old) Nightwish, Ensiferum and Manowar.

11. Vagrant Benthos
    Skink

Vagrant Benthos New Member

I tolerate most all music, but my personal tastes are in the rock and metal areas. My favorite bands are Sabaton and Distrurbed.

I dislike country and rap, although I have had to learn to at least tolerate country given that my in-laws and wife prefer it to all else.

12. Toastee
    Skink

Toastee New Member

Heavy metal and rock mostly.
    But I also like EBM, industiral and Goth.

I don't really hate any type of music.

Bands I like include:
    Disturbed,
    Children of Bodom,
    Sonata Arctica,
    Combichrist,
    VNV Nation,
    Deathstars,
    Turisas,
    Korpiklaani,

And many more. :smug:

13. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

I have a pretty eclectic taste in music. I am listening to Cake right now.

14. Conar
    Skink

Conar New Member

I will listen to anything, besides (c)rap as said

but atm, my fav bands have to be

Good charlotte, Dream theater (the new album is amazing), Opeth, Sikth
    and a few other prog bands