1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Your Most Epic Cube of Darkness Fail

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by GhostWarrior, Jul 8, 2014.

1. GhostWarrior
    Cold One

GhostWarrior Member

So, this happened to me the other day. I had a game against a very rock-solid WoC build that would have effectively been wrapped up in my opponents half of turn 3 until...

The Daemon Prince (who has 1 wound remaining) throws 6 Dice at the Bubbled up version of Cacophonic Choir. Fully understanding that this could mean double 6's, and a very reasonable chance of death the the DP, my opponent lucks out and rolls a high number with only one 6.

No problem, I say - I still have my cube of darkness. I pick up the die to roll - and you guessed it - a 1!! This fail resulted in the death of the Oldblood who was engaged with the DP (A steg helm, ToP, OTS, GW build who had 1 Wyssans up on him, and was previously unwounded!). It also killed off a nearby unit of 6 Saurus Cav (all that remained of a unit of 12 to start the game), a unit of 3 Terradons (previously unhurt), and *luckily* only put 2 wounds on my Piranha Blade Oldblood who was by himself nearby (looking back on that play - his move to separate from the unit in the previous turn was a mistake), but not within 6", so he couldn't hope to Random Move into the DP.

Not killing the DP, meant that the 2 nearby Chimeras didn't have to take panic tests. This, in the next turn allowed the DP and Chimeras to charge a unit of Saurus, and effectively wrap up any chance of a win for me.

I'd like to point out that I realized I put too much faith in the ability to stop that spell for 1 more turn, and should have planned accordingly (what if the DP had just IF'd and not wounded himself?). But that's not really the point of this story. ;)

So, fellow Lustrians - what epic tales do you have related to rolling a '1' on your cube?

2. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

I think that the most epic I have to tell is that I have yet to roll a 1 on my Cube.

3. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

For funz and gigglez I once had all my core in one big skrox unit. At turn 5 my friend got off dwellers. Rolled 1 and all the skinks died xD

4. GhostWarrior
    Cold One

GhostWarrior Member

...And the unit's combat prowess improved! Tell the truth - you thanked your opponent when that happened didn't you? ;)