1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yoohoo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brontozaurus, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Brontozaurus
    Jungle Swarm

Brontozaurus New Member

Hi there. I'm 19, from Australia (Sydney, to be specific), and collecting a Lizardman army.

Back when I was 11 or so, I had a Warhammer phase along with a bunch of friends. Naturally we all got 40k. I had a small bunch of badly-painted Tyranids (seriously, they were eye-searingly horrible), and together we played some battles. We didn't know the rules very well so we kind of used our own, based on what we knew of the official rules and our interpretations of the army books.

I knew about 'fantasy Warhammer' then, but I wasn't too interested in it until I discovered the Lizardmen. I was (and still am) mad about dinosaurs, and Aztec reptile-men riding dinosaurs appealed to me in so many ways.

Problem was that this was back before the early-2000s update that made them interesting. Also none of my friends played Fantasy. So I got a handful of Skinks, some temple guard, three terradons, and a salamander.

My interest in Warhammer died down soon after. A few months ago a friend organised a minatures painting day. I brought along one of the old Skinks. It was heaps of fun to paint. The day afterwards I went on the GW site and looked at the lizardmen stuff.

So now I'm starting a proper Lizardman force. At first I was just going to get some and paint them but then I sucked a friend into Warhammer (he's making an Empire army) and I have a reason to make a proper army now.

See you guys around!