1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yet another new spawning

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by angelwuff, Jun 14, 2009.

1. angelwuff
    Saurus

angelwuff New Member

been a couple years since I played, and never got fully into fantasy before. But I loved the rules, and finding myself between 3 GW stores means I can have a steady group even with my horrible graveyard shift.

so here I am. I'm right now plotting and planning. But I decided to collect just lizardmen, mostly a box a month or so. Hopefully until I have a little of everything. then a lot of everything! Partly doing it to just collect units too, but hope to get a good amount of gaming in once my army gets rolling.

Tend to prefer balanced, hero light armies with lots of troops. might not be the best, but looks nice rolling across the board. or fleeing in terror >.>

Yet to play anything, but hope to sneak some 500 pt games in soon and start learning.

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

3. angelwuff
    Saurus

angelwuff New Member

thank you. hope to get some pics of my figures once I get the paints and everything. Right now I have the books and two skinks. woo!

But next month I sacrifice my wallet to the old ones, and should be able to squeeze together a 500 point army from a box of skinks and saurus

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! And it is always good to see what people can manage painting the cold blooded ones, I will be keen to see pics. ;)

5. angelwuff
    Saurus

angelwuff New Member

won't say I'm heavy metal class. heck, I'm probably not even light metal class =D

but want to use this as a way to improve my painting, and consider myself a fair to OK painter.

thinking of a brown to green color scheme with various mottled shades per unit, like red or yellow hints. think Komodo Dragons. Tan bellies except skinks and kroxigors, who get blue. Same greenish brown for shields, but then add a lot of red 'warpaint' and details to make things stand out and tie them all together. along with all the bronze on weapons and shields and gold on decorations.

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

A sharp photo of a model will really bring out all that you have done, and possibly highlight the rough areas, but it helps a lot to see where your mistakes are, and often other people can look at the pic and suggest a small trick that will really improve the model. Definitely worth posting as a learning experience. ;)

7. angelwuff
    Saurus

angelwuff New Member

well, I have my first test skink brave, I'll see about tossing a pic on later when I can get a picture