1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. WTF!?! Another price hike!?!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Guardian of Hexoatl, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

Guardian of Hexoatl New Member

This is outrageous! Games workshop jacked up their prices again. Terradons and Kroxigors are $2.25 more now which makes them $17.25 and $22.25. As if this wasn't enough, They rose temple guard by $5.00 so that they are now $33.00 and they even rose the price of the army book. For christ's sake, I understand them upping mini prices since they are expensive to manufacture, but they keep jacking up the supplement book prices just because! They are in no way getting more expensive to produce and if it's because of lack of sales, they aren't gonna make things any better. The army book went from $25.00 to $29.00! I remember when all the army books and codexes were just one flat price of $20.00. Now I don't mind paying $25.00 since they are like forty pages longer now then they used to be but the new prices are just getting rediculous! Just had to vent some GW frustration :D what do you guys think?

2. The Lybithian
    Chameleon Skink

The Lybithian New Member

The new rulebook is $90.
    The special edition is $140.
    GW states that the rulebook is 580 something pages long, apparently the biggest rule book to date.
    Obviously they've added fluff. Probably 575 pages of fluff and 5 pages of rules.

There is only one thing to be done to GW at this point.

GATEWAY FTW!!!

3. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

I was unaware of that lol that I wouldn't mind so much since that is a pretty huge book but still, for $90 it better be full color and have a frickin entire chapter of pop-up pages lol :D

4. The Lybithian
    Chameleon Skink

The Lybithian New Member

Well I was joking about almost the entire book being fluff and 5 pages of rules, but yeah GW is getting ridiculous.
    And hell yeah!!!! We better get pop up pages with the new rule book!

5. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Holy ----.

When I got into Warhammer, an army book was $20. Now they're $29. And that's happened over just 3 years. :rage:

6. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Well the model price hike was well documented and announced before hand, I posted a link to it about a month or so ago. And lizardmen were not hit as bad as some other armies.

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/gw-price-increase-in-the-uk.3870/

Terradons were already 17 so that's only a 25 cent hike on them. And the kroxigor well that is probably in relation to the fact that they will likely be much better in 8th (greedy but ive come to accept that from GW). And ya raising the lizardmen book just seems like a money grab there.

And if that price is right on the new edition rulebook, well that is just getting crazy. When the special edition of the 40k rulebook is as much as the normal one for fantasy.

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah this was mentioned in a thread a while ago, I was going to post the link but Kurlin beat me to it. Thought it was only UK prices not US.

I haven't heard a price for the new rulebook, where did you hear 90/140? For that price tag, the special edition should cost the same as the normal, I'm certainly not paying $100 or more for it, and since I am in Aus it will certainly be more than that.

GW prices are going up way faster than inflation, we all redicule them for going 'oh low sales, lets put up prices to get more money' and I am sure their sales are reducing further and this price rise is pricing a lot of people out of the hobby, but honestly if it wasn't working surely by now they would stop doing it. There is obviously still enough interest and sales to justify price rising again, and as much as we complain most people will just go straight back to the hobby.

Well, I for one am certainly looking to other manufacturers for models. Anyone else bought any Mantic? They only have 3 armies so far, but fantastic deals on models. Right now you can get 100 Dwarfs for 50GBP! That price wouldn't even get you 50 GW Dwarfs. I bought an entire undead army (over 100 models including metal characters, cavalry and a pegasus lord) for 99 quid. Time for GW to pull their finger out.

8. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

Love the pop-up idea, makes it easier to understand the rules.
    How to wheel: Look at pop-up 13.5 and pull the pin for better understanding. *Pulls pin* As you can see the unit turns around a point as it walks.
    Would be sweet!

9. The Lybithian
    Chameleon Skink

The Lybithian New Member

My local store owner has an brother who's a GW employee was in the other day telling us all about the new rules and the prices for the rulebook.

10. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

Any chance on a head's up on what the price would be in euros? :p

11. lazylizard
    Temple Guard

lazylizard New Member

well if it helps, the steg is still standing strong at 41.25 and the battalion box is still strong at 90

:rage:

12. Bentistos
    Saurus

Bentistos New Member

Considering the army books being about 22 Euros as opposed to 25 $, I'd guess the new rule book's price will be a little less in euro than the dollar version, maybe around 80 euros. Still, way too much without pop-ups... ;)
    Lets hope they go for 50 euros again

13. Exodial Hunter
    Skink

Exodial Hunter New Member

We were wondering at my local gaming club whether this price hike to to fund the 40k movie being released. It seems like the kind of thing gw would do.

14. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

lol No. Games workshop is only acting as a minor spokesperson for UltraMarines the movie. They are not funding it in any way. The most they have done is be gracious enough to give Codex productions the intellectual property rights for Warhammer 40,000. Plus the movie is almost done anyway :D

15. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

If anything the movie should cause them to drop prices.. They will make money for it, and it will put GW truly on the global scale for everyone to see. There will be an unprecedented surge in Space Marine fanboys around the world.