1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Wound allocation kroxigor unit

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Idura, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Idura
    Saurus

Idura New Member

Imagine i had a 6 kroxigor unit in combat last turn, they won but suffered a few wounds. 4 of them still live with one of them having 2 wounds.

KKW
    K

Then a stone thrower shoots at them, scatters two and hits the lone kroxigor in the second rank with the weak hit. That kroxigor suffers a wound though. My opponent argued that it would kill the wounded kroxigor in the front so that i was left with only 3. I argued that i would put a wound on the back kroxigor. We eventually rolled 1-3 4-6 for it (and i lost) but who was really right?

2. Coatl
    Temple Guard

Coatl New Member

you must remove whole models where possible. there is nothing special about any of your kroxigor (i.e. they're all the same model) so you'd lose the one who already has 2 wounds

3. BEEGfrog
    Razordon

BEEGfrog Member

All similar/identical R+F multi wound models in a unit share a pool of wounds. They all count as having the wounds on their profile for any multi-wound hit but the pool will owe some wounds when it is not an exact multiple of the profile wounds. These aren't owed by any individual model but by the group of models that share the pool. When the pool reaches or passes and exact multiple of profile wounds then a model is removed (or added for regrowth etc).

It is only when the R+F models are down to a single model does it act like a character model where the model's wounds are actual wounds rather than profile wounds.