1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Wood Elves collectors look here!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Suppe, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

Ok so I know I've been gone for a while (had the final exams) and now I'm back. Don't remember whether I already told you but I've had problems finding anyone playing Warhammer Fantasy close to me so I'm playing small combats with 1 or 2 units (yes it is boring) but it's a good way for practice. I've borrowed a Wood Elves army from a retired Warhammer player to practice some simple battles but he have lost his Wood Elves army book. Here comes the problem, I don't want to buy a new army book and would like to know whether any of you have a Wood Elves army book lying around. I will soon post some new pictures since I've painted a lot more then last time I posted.

2. WheelR
    Chameleon Skink

WheelR New Member

This sounds wrong in so many ways..sorry.. very immature but i couldn't let this one go... o_O

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I'm moving this thread to the trading forum. ;)

4. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

Im going to edit that! and I don't want to buy anything just want to know something from the book

5. strewart
    OldBlood

This is for both buying and selling, your post sure made it sound like you were looking to get hold of one. Of course lots of people have the book, or know the rules. If you ask what you are interested in, I will happily move this back. Should have just asked the question in the first place. :p

6. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

I just need 2 know the characteristics of the Wood Elves Archers and spearmen

7. strewart
    OldBlood

See, information like statlines and points costs as you are asking for is GW IP (intellectual property) thus it is illegal to freely distribute it. Luckily for you, GW actually posts stats on their website. They also used to post the full reference sheets for armies, I'm not sure if they still do that though. All you need to do is look up the unit you want the stats for, go to their details page, and scroll to the bottom. Glade Guard here:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50020&prodId=prod800866

Also, while we will frown upon people asking for and definitely people posting detailed rules, to keep on the right side of GW (they have actually had a website or two shut down for breaching their IP) if you are lucky, someone might see this and PM or email you details because GW are being stupid lately anyway, since it is not on the board no one is going to know. For example, someone might direct you to a torrent that will contain all the army books.

I guess I will move this thread to lesser races now.

Edit: I found the reference sheets page...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...mmunity=&catId=&categoryId=500004&aId=3000002

8. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

are the glade guards the same as the old archers? and the reference sheet is missing what I need... how many points are they worth?