1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Will we ever get new units>??

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Orionwill, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

So I did in fact get a response, though given GWs aggressive schedule between the two games, it will be a bit before they read through and give advice and or advise if they will have a place for it. So I will post up what I have tomorrow once I finish up a few things that need some attention. You will have to excuse some self insertion, the names are place holders, and it is in some rough stages right now, but I think community input will be important to the project. So I want you to think through what types of abilities that the units you suggest will have. Points are a bit harder without play testing.

Teheloqtec and Ritual like this.
  2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

If you're going to do that you should probably take the top choices in a couple of categories. People might really like getting dinosaur X cuz it looks cool, but they'd also want say light cavalry, or artillery, cuz we don't have much of it. So I'd say make a category "most wanted dino's" and a category "most wanted unit types" at the very least. Possibly some other subcategories too.

Ritual, Seraphage and Bowser like this.
  3. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

start a poll!!!

Ritual likes this.
  4. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Fun trivia: the Engine of the Gods used to work like a catapult when GW first introduced it.

Also remember that our Basti's, Sallies, and Razordons are our equivalent to warmachines. Just because they aren't made from wood and steel doesn't mean they don't fulfill the same role.

Ritual, Jorgik, Bowser and 1 other person like this.
  5. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

I still want a giant flying feathered serpent, if GW were to give us a big monster.
    In other words a Quetzalcoatl.

Bowser, Aginor, Bracnos and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

this a thousand times this..or any of them
    Q'uq'umatz
    Feathered Snake god and creator. The depiction of the feathered serpent deity is present in other cultures of Mesoamerica. Q'uq'umatz of the K'iche' Maya is closely related to the god Kukulkan of Yucatán and to Quetzalcoatl of the Aztecs.

Ritual, Bowser, Aginor and 1 other person like this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Sallies & razordons are far too short ranged to fullfill the role of artillery, they're supporting fire troops yes, but they're not going to bombard an enemy from halfway across the battlefield which is one of the main appealing aspects of artillery, shooting at someone with heavy fire from far far far away.

As for a bastilidon, it's a tank, not artillery. It has a reasonable strong ranged attack, but still lacks range and its main strength lies in being a mobile fortress. Though at least it can sorta be function as artillery by grace of not caring about counterattack..

Some actual artillery would be nice. Though to be honest, fixing magic & making our wizards meaningfull could probably result in the same thing.

Ritual, Bowser and Aginor like this.
  8. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Ooh yah a piece of artillery with stone aesthetically looking really much like Mayan stone work would be awesome. Making a unit thats covered in mayan "seraphon" stonework as armour would also be cool

Ritual, Canas and Bowser like this.
  9. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

It might be interesting to put together an unofficial updated Seraphon Battletome (That inlcudes Command traits, Artefacts etc.) so that people can use these ideas in casual games. Would be a stop-gap for us to play around with while we wait for an official update.

There are some cool ideas floating around, we just need to organise things :confused:

10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

O animated mayan golemns. Given that the slann are the only actually living members of the seraphon & we have no physical presence in the various realms. Animating golemns to protect important sites while the slann are off summoning armies on top of chaos in a different place could be an interesting bit of lore. And it gives a bit of a different aesthetic than hordes upon hordes of scaly dinos :p

11. PurpleandGold
    Cold One

PurpleandGold Well-Known Member

What's wrong with hordes of scaly dinosaurs?

Bracnos, Ritual, Bowser and 1 other person like this.
  12. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Will new science tells us they should actually be covered in feathers but that's just nick picking now

13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Nothing, they're quite awesome :p But our saurus & skink troops all look rather similar. Even the heroes don't look that different. Some variation would be nice. Though as I said earlier, in general our skinks and saurus mostly seem to exist as filler in between our behemoths. Especially the saurus, at least the skinks occasionally get to ride on our big dinosaurs. Would love to see some variation for them, our battleline is fairly bland.

PurpleandGold, Bowser and Ritual like this.
  14. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

I love the idea of the animated stone golems! That'd be amazing!

I still think a catapult manned by Skinks that launches balls of snakes would be cool. We need some proper artillery going on.

15. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

Clearly the solution is to have a catapult that launches Bastiladons.

And the Bastiladons fire even smaller Bastiladons.

Jorgik, PurpleandGold, Bowser and 2 others like this.
  16. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

I would buy these until I couldn't fit any more in my house and then I would buy another house and carry on buying them.

Jorgik, PurpleandGold, Bowser and 2 others like this.
  17. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

Lord Grok Of Xillaqua Well-Known Member

I always thought If we ever would have a Golem/Giant equivalent for Lizardmen, It would be based on this dinosaur called Therizinosaurus

[​IMG]

PurpleandGold, Bowser and Canas like this.
  18. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Okay, that is pretty rad.

I had this kind of thing in mind...

[​IMG]

It'd be a cool way to come up with a Seraphon/Dwarf crossover army... When they bring back dwarves...

PurpleandGold, Bowser and Canas like this.
  19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

What about a giant flying serpent that drops in bastiladons which carry howda's filled with skinks that pour out carrying arks of sotek to spawn snakes?

O and the flying serpens get launched by kroxigors operating catapult.

Jorgik, PurpleandGold and Bowser like this.
  20. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Why would the Therizinosaurus be a golemn equivalent? Also, apparently I'm posting too quickly, the site wants me to wait :'(

PurpleandGold and Bowser like this.