1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who are McDonalds trying to kid??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by strewart, Sep 18, 2009.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

So yes, sometimes (more often than I should) I give in to the greasy urges and visit maccas, it makes for a second best hangover cure if I can't be bothered waiting for the pizza shop to open. Anyway, they have come up with a new cup design.

mccup.jpg

.... Who writes this sh*t?!?! "Perfectly poured for maximum refreshment" ???

Ummmmmmm..... How can you non perfectly pour a cup of cheap coke? There is no skill involved in holding the cup under a nozel and pressing the spray button.

I swear they were ready to kick me out when I went back up to the counter, barely containing my laughter, and asked for a new drink because it was clear the one I had was in fact not 'perfectly poured' as advertised, as such I simply wasn't getting the maximum refreshment I paid for. I merely (quite politely I might add) requested that I have a new drink that stands up to my standards of perfection in the pouring as is my right as a customer.

Ahhh general chat. I love it, can't believe it took me so long to discover it.

Freddy25 likes this.
  2. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Maybe it's an arcane art similar to pulling pints? You have to angle and time it right to get the ideal head of foam...

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Aussie barchicks are lazy. :p Fil lthe beer until it reaches the top, tip the head down the drain, top up. And who ever has head on their coke?

It could be though. I definitely notice average bubble size in the vintage contributes significantly to the enjoyment factor of coke. I prefer a finer bubble that is more numerous thus it fills the mouth with little disturbance. Larger bubbles tend to cause undesirable gas and make the drink experience somewhat below perfect and refreshing. I always thought that art was in the mixture of components, not the pour, but I have never worked in a fast food joint.

4. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

Thats the funniest sh!t I've heard in a while! Lmao... :D

5. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

They pay their employees SO good at Mikey D's that they expect nothing but the best in the concern of drink pouring. You did right in asking for a new drink that was poured correctly.

6. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

i know ya eating lunch an' all an' im'a let choo finnish, but MacDonalds has the best poured drinks of ALL TIME. Of ALL TIME.

7. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

I work at mcdonalds....its horrible!!!

People talk to us like were stupid, Managers are often lazy and cruel (keeping us an hour or two after close because of tiny tiny things)

And Im not lovin it

8. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Sorry, couldn't resist :walkingdead:

9. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

I would put emphasis on the first line actually...

:shifty:

Cheers!

10. larkspire
    Jungle Swarm

larkspire New Member

The drinks are in fact poured by a machine,unless your in the lobby,in that case the onus of perfect pouring lies squarely on your shoulders.

11. mijj22
    Skink

mijj22 New Member

lol thats some funny shit

12. slannFrogy
    Skink

slannFrogy New Member

ha, thats so funny

13. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Slannfrogy, if you want to reply to a topic; great.
    But, before you go poist-crazy, please take a look at the date the last post was made.
    In this case, that was 23 okt 2009...That's quite a while ago....
    Also, nobody kept this topic going. After 23 okt nobody replied, which most of the time means that people lost interest, or the topic ran out of fuel to discuss/reply on. So, if you want to 'up' your post count, simply contribute to the more active parts of the forum.
    I believe replying to a very old topic is called 'Threadomancy', and it's not really appreciated on forums around.As a side note, try to add more than a single line of text. In general chat, it's more easily accepted. But on other parts of the forum, try to add more then 'yes, I agree. Looks good.'
    I hope you understand :D
    No big deal though, just remember this :)

The Hunted