1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. WHFB 8.5

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by n810, Mar 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

ohhhh Lizardmen update. :D

hardyworld likes this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

From the Lizardman PDF.

hardyworld likes this.
  3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

and some general 8.5 FAQ

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

The southlands list includes sacred spawnings and horned one mounts

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    hardyworld likes this.
  5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

... I find the lack of excitement surprising... :sorry:

Jorgik likes this.
  6. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

YAY!! OH YES! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! WOOOHO!!...

Sorry for that, I had no time for reading it all, but I did save it for later. It´s nice to have that info just in case, so thanks ;)

7. protector
    Temple Guard

protector Active Member

I would love to be excited about it, but I can't pull the pdf files for our lizardmen, is there anyway you can post them somewhere else? Or email them to toblakai84@gmail.com?

8. hardyworld
    Kroxigor

hardyworld Active Member

I'm definitely interested in this product, but I haven't had time to read through it to find out if I like it more than 8th Ed. Even if it has some things I don't like compared to 8th Ed., I'd use it if the tournament scene took a hold of this ruleset.
    *crosses fingers that Grand Tournaments will dump 9th Age in favor of this or something similar*

9. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Currently it's just the 8th edition book with the errata added in [official and unofficial] (I pasted a copy of all the errata) it's not all that different from 8th.

The southalnds list on the other hand as a few new things, namely sacred spawnings, a skink lord, and horned ones.

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Haemoglobin and n810 like this.
  11. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the SE models just be added to the Empire as Rare Choices? ...because Sigmar ...anything Sigmar is Empire?

Edit: how did they derive point values for them !??!

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'd say they should be left out entirely. 40K is already riddled with Space Marines; AoS is riddled with Space Marines... fantasy is the one bastion of sanity we have left.

13. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I suspect they are fairly priced, haven't seen anything crazy from these guys...

14. DrMad
    Skink

DrMad Member

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'd rather have a smaller fantasy gaming community that is Space Marine free than a larger one that is infested with them. But to each their own I guess. :cool:

I take solace in the fact that the last real edition of Warhammer remained untainted.

16. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Warhammer Fantasy 8.5 Community

Just a quick release for the Old & New crowd amongst us.

Warhammer is definitely not an easy game to learn, not helped by the fact GW has discontinued support for the game, and getting people to read a massive tome to learn the rules is a major turn off.

With that in mind, a getting started guide for Warhammer has been added to the 8.1/8.5 repository. A reformatted version of the getting started from Battle of Skull Pass.

This is an excellent guide for teaching the basics of the warhammer game with training scenarios in a easy to understand manner. When the 8.1 and 8.5 Battlebibles are re-released later this year, the Getting Started guide will be in the front, allowing the rulebook to not only to be a 'bible' for the game of Warhammer (with rules and a variety of supplements in the one place) it would also be useful for the gateway to the Fantasy game for anyone who wants to learn the game without any 'old timers' showing them the ropes in the first place.

Finally, Triumph and Treachery, arguably the best Warhammer supplement ever released with rules, scenarios and cards to allow multi-player Warhammer Fantasy. T&T is compatible with many of the supplements out their, and is best played with 1000-15000pts per player. Under 1000 pts I'd recommend Warhammer Skirmish or Warhammer: Border Patrol (see what I did there ;))

Anyways, enjoy!

Getting Started: Warhammer Fantasy
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/79yc6ki48f2ggpz/WHFB%20-%20Rules%20Getting%20Started.pdf?dl=0

Warhammer: Triumph & Treachery
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/amigahew0kavkbg/WHFB%20-%20Supplement%20Triumph%20%26%20Treachery.pdf?dl=0