1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you buy your models?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Crillaz, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Crillaz
    Cold One

Crillaz Member

Hi

I wonder where is the best place to buy our beloved lizzies?

I have ordered ones from Wayland and the service there is great. Today I have been looking for cheaper places tho. I found Wargamer and AliExpress which both are very cheap. When I googled about them I found a lot of negative comments.

The 199 USD price for:

2 carnos
    2 rippers
    1 slann

Seems very tempting tho. What seems to be to good often…..

Have you ordered from them and if so, how did it go?

Other places?

/Crillaz

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

eBay... :pompus:

3. Crillaz
    Cold One

Crillaz Member

What I have seen from Ebay it doesn't seem to be that cheap.

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

You do have to shop around,
    as prices can be rather random sometimes.

Ps. No local hobby store in my area. :(

5. jayzerus
    Skink

jayzerus Member

Local game store (almost) always. I admit, I have it pretty good. They always have 25% off GW stuff, so it's almost as good as the online retailers. Key point in my decision though: the online retailers don't give me a place to play.

I understand people's decision in going online to find the cheapest deals, but I'm fortunate enough at this point in my life that an extra 10-15% into my hobbling won't make or break me, so I try to give that percentage to those that allow me to indulge in my hobby. This may all change in 5 months though, as my wife and I will be welcoming our first into the world.

6. Crillaz
    Cold One

Crillaz Member

Congratz Jayzerus!

Me and my girlfriend are hopefully in that situation too soon.

I used to not care so much about prizes before because it was not a big matter. But now with a recently bought house and only one salary at the moment its a different situation.

And also the only store in the area that is selling/ sold GW stuff has been talking about quitting to sell GW products because of bad treatment from GW. GW don't let them sell anything else than core choices?! So few people are buying there since they can't find everything they want.

I dont understand GW...

7. Axolotyl
    Temple Guard

Axolotyl New Member

They want exclusive sales...

8. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Wayland is usually where I go to, when I need certain models. They can be slow at times, but otherwise I have no bad word about them. If you have the patience and no hurry, eBay is great. I have gotten many good deals from there, but quite often the bids keep on coming making it more expensive than Wayland. I check what eBay has to offer at least once a week.

9. Crillaz
    Cold One

Crillaz Member

Update.

I finally decided to order my stuff from Total wargamer. That was in november, finally last friday I got an email from them saying that my order is being sent. Finally!

It took about 2-2,5 months (and loads of angry emails from me) for them to send the shit.

Im just saying this so you know how long time it can take. They are cheap, so if you have plenty of time to wait for your stuff why not. They are after all rather cheap.

Ok, enough of this ranting. I have skinks to finish before I get my two carnos and two rippers. :)

/Crillaz