1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. what's best ?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by OldBlood-Gar92, Jun 14, 2008.

1. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

OldBlood-Gar92 New Member

1)i am wondering because 15warrios are 180 pts. and 3 kroxigors are 173 pts.
    so what's the best unit of those ?

2)After that one, i have a similar question. whats best of 3salamanders hunting pack, 15warriors and 3kroxigors ?

Thanks in advence mates :D

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

1) Well I personally like both about the same, so I tend to try for a unit of both. But I think the beast lover in me prefers the power of Kroxigors. Though the 2 ranks can help in cc. If you can use the two together they can destroy most anything.

2) Honestly have yet to use salamanders too much though I can see their benifit. I'm sure someone will comment on them, who has used them.

3. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

I have found that every lizardmen unit fills a different role, and what's best depends on what is in the rest of your army and how it all fits together. If you have a couple of solid saurus blocks already then I might suggest the krox to add the flank threat, or if you already have lots of impact units, then maybe an anchor saurus block would comliment the army well :)

4. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

Well, this isnt the place, but, this is my list.

1x Oldblood + Carnossauros + scimitar of the sun resplendent + enchanted shield + aura of quetzl + light armour + blessed spawning of Sotek, Quetzl, Itzl = 492 pts.

15x Sauros Warriors + standard bearer = 192 pts.

15x Sauros Warriors + standard bearer = 192 pts.

10x Skinks with blowpipes = 60 pts. (Or scouts)

10x Skinks with blowpipes = 60 pts.

3x Kroxigors = 174 pts.

3x Kroxigors = 174 pts.

3x Terradons = 105 pts.

3x Salamanders hunting pack = 195 pts.

1x Stegadon = 235 pts.

Total: 1999 pts.

(i play versus armies without magic, that's the reson of no mage.) and i was lightly thinking to change one of the two units of 15 sauros warriors for 3kroxigors. maybe it's a little risky... ?

5. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

You could add 3 Kroxigors to one of your units of kroxigors, but you wouldn't be able to put in another unit of kroxigor cause it would give you too many for under 2000pts. I think your list looks pretty powerful as is. I would suggest to try it both ways and figure out which way you like better, but I would probably start with the list you got.

6. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

well my list is 2000pts or more, it is 2009 because of the scout unit. so i can put the 3 krox as another unit if i want right ?
    i'll test the 2 possiblities against my friends and there ill see ;)

7. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Ya you could, though usually play specifically sized games such as 2000 pts which means up to a max of 2000. Or 3000, 2500, ect but if you guys are doing it that way then for sure give it a shot, tell us how it went and which one you enjoyed more. Because for the most part that's the whole point of playing warhammer, using the army you love and making if work for you. Anyways have fun and good luck.

8. OldBlood-Gar92
    Skink

thanks very much man ! yhea thats the all point of warhammer ! i'll tell you how it went in this port ;)