1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. What is Undeath?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Acorn Lord, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Acorn Lord
    Saurus

Acorn Lord Member

I am a new to 8th edition and I only play with my brothers. I dont have a complete copy of the BRB and i haven't read any Endtimes. I recently learned of the mysterious lore of Undeath and I have no clue what it is.

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

If you're playing by end time rules then any Wizard can use it.
    It allows you summoning spells.
    Summoned units can be upgraded to fill command but must adhere to minimum unit size, and must be completely deployed in the spell's range and 1" away from units, buildings, etc.

Lore attribute: Raise the dead.
    Place a raise counteron the battlefield each time a friendly wizard successfully casts an undeath spell. Any friendly wizard can cast an undeath summon and use the counters to raise the pounts count by 10 for each countrr removed.

Ryze- 12" range casts 9+
    Summoning spell. Caster summons a unit of infantry worth up to 50 points from the undead army list. You can choose to summon up to 100 points, but cost becomes 14+. Or choose Monstrous infantry on a 16+.

1. Morkharn
    Range 12 casts 6+
    Augment spell target a friendly unit with undead rules within 12" of the wizard. The unit gainds d3+1 wounds or models. Also unless it is in combat it can move as if it were the remaining moves phase.

2. Sulekhim
    Casts 7+
    Augment that is cast on the wizard in close combat. You can choose to exchange all normal attacks for a hand of dust attack. Made against one enemy in base contact. If the hit roll is successful target suffers a wound with th multi wounf D6 rule. No armour saves allowed. If it slays a character in a challenge you gain D6 raise the dead counters.

3. Hizzar
    Range 12" casts 8+
    Direct Damage. Roll 2d6+2. Each point that exceeds the targets leadership causes a wound. No armour saves. If you cause at least 1 unsaved wound gain d3 Raise counters.

4. Razkhar
    Range 12" casts 10+
    Summoning that gets you a single swarm or war beast unit from the undead aelection worth up to 75 points. Or choose to go to 150 points increase cast to a 16+

5. Kandorak
    Range 12" casts 10+
    Summoning that gets a character worth up to 65 points selected from undead units. Can choose a single monster, war machine, or chariot worth up to 200 points for a cast of 24+

6. Akararan
    Range 12" casts 16+
    Summoning gets you a unit of cav, monstrous cav or chariot, from the undead list up to 150 points.

I have paraphrased all the spells, so as not to infringe on copyright. Not sure if you can still buy these though. But those are the basics. So if you have a nunch of undead stuff lying around feel free to summon it into whatever army.

Acorn Lord and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

4. Acorn Lord
    Saurus

Acorn Lord Member

Thanks all.

5. Acorn Lord
    Saurus

Acorn Lord Member

On the signature after it says 50 points of undead legions it says a single unit of infantry 100 points. Does this mean if you cast the harder version you can summon a different type of unit (saurus for example)?

6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

No I believe everything you summon must be from undeath.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I think so too.

8. Acorn Lord
    Saurus

Acorn Lord Member

Ok. It would be pretty rad to summon 3 krox or 10 saurus.

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

For sure... but imagine WoC summoning a couple of skullcrushers to the field. :wideyed:

10. Acorn Lord
    Saurus

Acorn Lord Member

Lol that doesn't sound fun for anybody!

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Unless you're the one playing the WoC! ;)