1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. What can Lizzies do vs a Bloodthirster ??

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Gannon, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Nexus
    Skink

Nexus New Member

I had a battle against one, i managed to hold it up with a temple guard unit, and slann, and kept blasting away with a engine of the gods and the slann's light magic, took a few turns tho

I havent tried Kroak yet but i think when i do it will be with the intention of his special rule that makes his magic die go into the casting pool and when enough units get close then blasting them with the lower casting values

2. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

When I used Kroak, I used his 4 dice and the 2 army di and kept blasting the highest level version with all 6 dice, I pretty much had Irresitable Force every turn and wiped the board clean of my enemies.

3. Nosreme
    Saurus

Nosreme New Member

Lore of Light may seem like a good idea until he announces that his BSB has the Banner of Sundering (-2 to cast spells and any double from Lore of Light is a miscast). Better to take Fire if he is Nurgle based, Metal, or other Lores instead.

Against the BT, it is a hard matchup. The best thing is probably to get him stuck in a tar pit of TG + Slann, and then finish him off with EoTG + magic. The thing with flying mounts is that it is rather difficult to catch them. Most of the time, they will be doing the charging the unit of their choice. Unless the player makes a huge mistake or is dumb (neither of which you can count on), trying to catch the BT and kill him with a Blade of Realities or anything like that is too unreliable. It can happen, just don't plan on it.

The ideas that I've like so far are:

- The Bane Head + Steggy Bolt. Not a extremely good way to kill him, but it has potential.
    - Double Steggy blow gun shots. With limited range this may be hard to execute, but the amount of auto wounds will scare even a BT. But to get close enough to shoot means you will likely get charged the following turn if he lives and he will probably kill the Steggy.
    - At least 2 units of 10 Skinks or so, with blow guns. A little more reliable than the Steggy option because there are more shots (40 shots vs. 4-24), they can use the cover of forest to avoid being charged, they are not worth charging with a BT anyway, and they can flee if they do get charged. A horde of Skinks is a great way to get the BT if you can get close enough (you will likely only get one round of shooting with them before he flies off).

Just some tips from my games with the daemons.

4. ACe
    Saurus

ACe New Member

!

Hah! Like I told you: Kroak rules!

5. iamtired14
    Skink

iamtired14 New Member

couldnt you just poison him to death? 40 skinks would get a kill..

6. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Yes, but the hard part lies with avoiding other enemies and the Skinks not failing any Terror tests.

7. Cpeerson2000
    Skink

Cpeerson2000 New Member

I dont get how Banehead + Giant Bow work? Doesn't the Skink Chief have to hurt him or does anything on the Stegadon count for that purpose since its his mount?

8. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

the bow+chief was discussed in another thread, don't remember how it worked out thou. But the principle is/was that when the giant bow hits->wounds it is made into 2 wounds since the chief is firing the bow.
    The bane head never works for the characters mount. ;)

double wounding stegadons... *drool*

9. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

since the bow does d3 wounds X2 possible 6 wounds in 1 shot i think that is all he has so is a good tactic hit on 2+ wound on 4 or 5 (can't remember right now) no armour save, is about as good as we can get for a quick kill but still chancy cause as soon as you fire you know where he is gonna go he is gonna kill that steggie

10. Andersp90
    Skink

Andersp90 New Member

Im not sure this would work, but here goes:

2 x steggi both woth engine of the gods
    1 x Kroq-Gar on Carnosaur with a powerfull magic weapon.
    dont know what to to with the rest of the points. ^^

But well, keep the the units close together. If the BT charges one of the steggis, there will til be one engine left + he will get charged by Kroq-Gar and mabye shoot by a 3rd and 4th steggi.

If the BD charges Kroq-Gar there will be to engines + shooting to take care of him.

Dont know if it would work or not. Just my idea...

11. Andersp90
    Skink

Andersp90 New Member

Oh, and mabye a magic weapon on the 3rd or 4th stiggi. That way, the BD would either be charged by 2 x magic meapons + engine or 2 x engine + magic weapon.