1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Waving at Nagash

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Full_time_nerd, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Full_time_nerd
    Skink

Full_time_nerd Member

Played a super close game against a Nagash and friends list. He is an extremely good player, and when we got Battle for the Pass I was concerned a little just by the distances needed to cover.

My list was

Kroak
    Astrolith
    Starpriest

3x10 skinks with blowpipes

1x2 razordons

Basti with laser

1x3 Rippers
    1x6 rippers (in the sky)

Shadowstrike

180 points summoning- mainly balewind and 1x2 razors

The big decision was whether to go yolo into Nagash with the rippers. Part of that decision was taken away from me when he got first turn and put shield on/and reroll saves of 1. I could have taken him potentially if I had got all 6 in with the toad, and he didn’t have buffs.

So I decided to not touch him all day. He summoned a unit of 40 zombies onto an objective and I put both rippers into them to take them off. I knew Nagash would delete both units, but if I drew him to one side, I could claim that objective.

What swung it late game was a mystic shield in the basti. Teleported into his back and making a 9 inch charge into a unit of spirit hosts he summoned.

Finished 25-18

Winner winner!! 394780F3-0023-4C7F-B9C0-AD9BBFF8A795.jpeg F15D36D6-859D-47FA-B8B7-7EC4A92466E4.jpeg

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Good job!
    I also think that with the limited amount of spells Nagash can cast it is probably the best idea to leave him alone. The enemy has spent 900 points + buffs into that guy and if you avoid him he won't be able to justify those. You won't kill Nagash but the rest of his army which will suffice to win most scenarios.

HeirofCarnage and Ritual like this.
  3. Full_time_nerd
    Skink

Full_time_nerd Member

Completely agree! If I had got first turn I might have been tempted to drop the rippers in on him if I could guarantee all 6 in. We rolled it out after and they would have killed him on the charge and without the buffs.

But if you can draw him across the board and he is only move 8 it is hard for him to get around.

My only concern was the low ish model count of the list, if Nagash took out chunks of it then it could spell doom. I had to feed him the rippers to draw him away as they are too dangerous to leave alone!

HeirofCarnage, Ritual and Aginor like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Yeah he is a dangerous guy, for sure.
    Btw what's up with your Basti? It seems it has neither an Ark nor a Solar Engine?! Did it fall off?

5. Full_time_nerd
    Skink

Full_time_nerd Member

Hahaha sadly I only just finished painting him up and had lost laser/case part. I still have the gem, but the other part has gone walking!

I now need to find another part for it!

Is that justification to build a second basti as an ark so I can get the other part?!

6. Aginor
    Slann

Definitely!

Ritual likes this.
  7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

@Full_time_nerd that is a great looking battle setup! Where did you guys get the battle mat?

Thanks for the pictures :snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy:

HeirofCarnage, Captaniser and Ritual like this.
  8. Full_time_nerd
    Skink

Full_time_nerd Member

I am not sure where he grabbed this one actually! It might be a GW one as his brother works for them. But will ask him!

Captaniser, Warden and Ritual like this.
  9. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Good job and thank you for the wonderful pics !