1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Vs Warriors of Chaos

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by little-myth, May 26, 2015.

1. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

I think there is a 99% chance a thread like this already exists, I know these guys well and my boyfriend tactics but he seems to be hatching new ones.

I'm in a very destructive mood, wanting to really smash Chaos like I used to but my boyfriend has been learning tricks and stuff to throw me off. Using different Lores compared to Infernal Gateway spam like he used to do, using his cavalry to run around me until I mess up slightly and take a flank/ rear charge. Plus he somehow dispels my spells every time now.
    I can't remember full numbers but we always do 2000 point lists for big games (they will spill over the game table if any bigger)
    He has: Chosen, Chaos Lord on Demonic mount, Chaos Knights, Warriors of Chaos, Chaos Lord, Exalted Hero and a Sorcerer.

I'm busy coming up with a list using the recent Lizardmen army book and trying to rewrite my whole tactic so I can throw him off like he did with me.
    I can go with almost any model really, I just need to choose who will be good, I have these models and the max I own (rough estimate with bigger numbers)
    Saurus (30), Skinks (both Skirm and Cohort) (50), Temple Guard (20), Kroxigor (3), Jungle Swarms (5), Basti with solar engine(1), Stegadon with giant bow (1), Chamelon Skinks (7), Cold One Riders (15), Terradon Riders (One of the 3 riders is Tiktaq'To), Ripperdactyls (3), Salamander (1), Razordon (1), Troglodon (1), Saurus Old on Carnosaur, Slann, Lord Kroak, Chakax, Gor-Rok, Tetto'Eko, Oxyotl, Skink Priest (3), Saurus Scar (2, one has BSB), Skink Chief (2) and Tehenhauin.
    Oh and my Ataxa but he might sit this one out.

So any ideas for tactics and model ideas for this list? Many thanks.

Oh plus the Cav have crazy armour saves (could be 3+)

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I hear they love going against a Slan with the lore of Light or Metal. :bag:

3. little-myth
    Carnasaur

True :D
    Depends if I can pull them off without instant dispel though, it's so weird I fail to dispel his spells and I sometimes have 2-3 magic users and he only has the one and boom; instant dispel.

4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Agreed, I tend to badly when I play WoC without those lores. Note, my win record against them isn't great with those lore, but my win percentages moves from embarrassing to adequate.

5. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

WOC is the strongest army in WFB now, i know of tournaments where 14/16 players is WOC. If he is good, he will be favoured against you at least untill 9e. That said, our list is still good, and there are things you can do. If you get dispelled all the time, go back to casting 101, start with your smallest spell, and use the most dangerous one at the end. I always have this advice for newer players, but even for experienced players this is such a simple trick that often just works with our generally strong magic. The little spells that you will trickle trough will have to be chosen well ofcourse, or else your magic will still have little effect.

He also does not field a Prince I see, that is something. Does he have the unkillable BSB setup (3+ward, reroll ones on wardsaves?). If he does, just ignore that guy, clue is in the name, it will not die, unless you cast Unforging on him and get a piece of the combo. I find that Skinks are generally good in this matchup, they often have a few money units that you canchip away at and redirect with Skinks, this is best done with the Skirmisher variety. It is also one of the surefire ways to do damage, as they have little to no good answers to Skinks. Leave your sauri, except a large unit of TG (think 30+) at home, they have no targets in a good WOC list. You will need to bunker your Slann, I like to take High strictly for the Unforging in this matchup, and you can start swapping out spells for the Lore of Light when the game goes on (just never swap out WBW or Unforging, bith are key in the matchup for obvious reasons). I could blabber on about this matchup for a while, maybe it is time for an updated how to kill competitive WOC Scalanex? 9e is close though, hard to say if it is worth the effort.

little-myth likes this.
  6. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Many thanks! I think he has a Prince but never uses it, that day when he get's those right rolls to bring him on *shudders*
    I will write up a list, making some of the cohort models skirm instead, so I have more looses models running about the table, hopefully he won't decided to use that magic arrow spell but I think he will focus that on the Temple guard to get more stabs. Might take Tiktaq'to if I have spare points for heros, so I can ambush; drop rocks and leg it around the table for the right moment, depends if they don't get blown up by magic.
    Taking some Chameleon Skinks too.

7. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Nope, nope, nope... and nope.
    Just got back from a game and well, as usual I lost. Bad luck was on my side at the start then as usual, Chaos being Chaos. He rolled at the start and got +1 for toughness for the rest of the game. I did the 101 trick but one, I did a small tiny spell and somehow got double 6 and my Slann made my entire unit explode and die and two, he figured it out quickly what I am up to.
    Most of my Skink units did amazing and my Chameleon until they panicked when my Stega got ganged up on.
    My Slann did pull off another double 6 but it was freaking worth casting Arcane Unforging to wipe out his Sorcerer and lucky enough the Slann survived.

Back to the drawing board, might try a Cold One bus and just flank charge a unit.