1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Army Fluff Vampire Coast Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Twizted86, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Twizted86
    Jungle Swarm

Twizted86 New Member

So I'm trying to get back into my Lizardmen and coming up with a theme or some army background has been particularly tough. With few temple cities left active, I'm trying to figure out how you have all worked around this.

So far what I've been considering is that an ambitious vampire lord tried to raise a slann while plundering an old temple city but the slann's lingering spirit was too powerful and was able to drain the vampire to reanimate his body. (explaining why I use Lord Kroak's model) Shortly after the slann's resurrection the temple's spawning pools began producing again allowing the slann to contemplate the old one's plans for him. Although he drained the Vampire lord he maintained the bond between them to assert control over him. (to explain any storm of magic pacts) However, the resurrection left the Vampire a shell of his once proud self. (now a Ghoul King)

So these are obviously just my ramblings but let me know what you think. Is this possible? (in a fantasy world...) I'm still trying to place the temple city on Lustria, any suggestions? I typically use lots of saurus and an old blood on carnosaur, but have recently tried the slann with some success. It's been quite a while since I've played fantasy despite a fairly large army.

2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I too am working on Lustrian Vampire fluff. I think your idea is pretty good actually. My own Lustrian vampire story is far less concise.

http://www.lustria-online.com/threa...ney-to-lustria-storm-of-magic-backstory.9750/

Your motif is clever. I wish I knew what color scheme or painting style would evoke that story but I'm drawing a blank. A lot of Sauri makes sense because it'd probably be a very militant spawning. Also a Ghoul King style vampire will be a good leader for a themed vampire counts contingent since ghouls are probably the best Vampire Counts Core available. I have a whopping four Skink zombies and some more zombies I plan to finish after my real life gets less hectic. I'm also working on a Corpse Cart filled with Lizardmen corpses and pulled by zombie Cold Ones and am working on making a zombie Stegadon (to be a Black Coach or Mortis Engine stand-in).

My four completed zombies are in my modest paint blog

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/scalenexs-paint-log-and-fluff-piece-index.10274/

Well I've either helped stimulate ideas for you or I just got the "Look at what I did!" out of my system.

3. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Spawning of Bob never quails at adding silliness to a serious discussion

brainzt.jpg

Themed Zombie Lizardmen make perfect sense to me.

Attached Files:

Scalenex likes this.
  4. Twizted86
    Jungle Swarm

Twizted86 New Member

I like the idea of zombie lizardmen. I like what you did, i just dont know how far i want to tie the armies together. I tried to do my saurus in more of a pale green to kind of fit the undead theme but I didn't go to dramatic. All my other stuff ended up kind of brightly colored. Im hoping to finish up my army pretty soon but unfortunately I need some more troops in order to field all my stuff. Ane I've been putting off the temple guard for a while. My lizardmen kind of fell behind my World Eaters for a while.