1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Und3rDogs Paint Log

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Und3rDog6750, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Und3rDog6750
    Skink

Und3rDog6750 New Member

So at long last ive finally started repainting my lizards for a return to warhammer :) Ive uploaded some picture of my lizards, hopefully i can gain some feed back and advice from the pictures ive posted.

7658626094_d20ee0d11c_m.jpg

7658620524_4c6d5ccbf8_m.jpg

7658631028_66ee69d5d4_m.jpg

So these are the pics of my Engine, still waiting to assemble and paint the howdah

7658614886_38b2d7afa6_m.jpg

7658636674_21bcf0a93f_m.jpg

This is my first unit of skinks, currently deployed as a 10 skink cohort for redirection/harassment. I will be doing a skirmish base soon.

7658609000_edca2d7f2e_m.jpg

7658602590_cc56338d74_m.jpg

7658594300_b8bac1581e_m.jpg

My first 25 man saurus unit, on ruined temple bases. I feel these guys are missing something (asides there shields lol) maybe diff colour scales?

7658587364_569e9bc2f1_m.jpg

And finally my WIP temple guard, these will be getting rebased onto temple bases like the saurus.

The over all theme for the army is the main units will be all based on temple bases and the vanguard of my army ie skirmishers salamanders etc will all be swamp bases. The idea being that they are always out scouting for the enemy an the first line of defense with the remainder of the army mustering at the temple. Im developing some fluff at the moment for the back ground that has the reasons for the army being led by a saurus so details will follow....

Hope you enjoy the pictures, im of an average ability and looking to constantly improve my skills as a gamer and painter so any comments suggestions are always welcome :)

2. totzro
    Kroxigor

totzro Active Member

The pictures are a bit small so it's a little hard to see. But, from what I can see they look great!

As you say I think you should try and ad secondary color to the scales so it doesn't look like they all are running around in jump suits.

Take a look here get an idea of what complimentary colors to chose: Color Scheme Designer

Oh and I really think you should paint the tounge of the skink in a another color, or at least in another hue than the main skin color.

Other than that, keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to see more from you!

3. Und3rDog6750
    Skink

Und3rDog6750 New Member

@ totzro. Thanks for the comments and the link. Im defo thinking purple scales now for the suarus.

Yea completely missed the tongues on the skinks thanks. Will prob just go for a classic red/pink

Sorry about the picture size the were taken on my mobile phone. Will try get some bigger pictures up and a few of my WIP carnasaur sometime over the next couple of days.

4. elmoheadbutt
    Cold One

elmoheadbutt New Member

As a general rule, I always try to use 3 different colours:
    - 1 main colour
    - a complementary colour for accent (under belly)
    - another "detail" colour (armour or tongue).

So, for example:

blue saurus with cream under belly and green tongue and gold armour.

5. Und3rDog6750
    Skink

Und3rDog6750 New Member

Yea thanks for that. Had a look at the pics on your paint blog a like the contrast in colours. Ill have a go and see what i can come up with :)

6. elmoheadbutt
    Cold One

elmoheadbutt New Member

Looking forward to it!!! I love looking at paint logs