1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Two flags in one unit and some more

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Ersh, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Ersh
    Cold One

Ersh Active Member

1) Slann is BSB and have Banner of Eternal Flame. He is in unit of Temple Guards with Razor Standart. So, Temple Guards will have attacks with flaming and armour piercing rule? Or not?

2) Fighting vs Vampire Counts, they have Banshee in a large group of zombies. I challenge Banshee, it reject challenge, and going to back rank. But - Banshee have a special shout attack, that is made before close combat, in shooting phase. So it came back, make a devastating shout... And again reject her challenge and go back. Or I'm wrong?

2. nakaithewanderer
    Jungle Swarm

nakaithewanderer New Member

the second part i have no idea about sorry because i dont really play vampire counts but the first part is correct you can do this and they will have both effects however flaming attacks i dont find to be that usefull and i will usually not use the slann as my bsb because in warhammer rules if someone charges you and kills your slann while he is a bsb the enemy will get an unthinkable ammount of points :( but thats my preference i have done it before but every time i have it makes the slann a nice big juicy target for all the enemies cannons and shooting (even if he wasnt juicy enough in the first place)

3. Madrck
    Temple Guard

Madrck Member

The shout is made in the shooting phase. She wouldn't get sent to the back until the combat phase (which is when you make challenges). If it's in a subsequent combat I would imagine she would make way, shoot(scream) and then reject the challenge again and go back to the back.

4. Lizards o Lustria
    Skink

Lizards o Lustria New Member

1-You can have both banner's effects.
    2-The banshee's attack, as long as it is a standard shooting attack, cannot be fired because you cannot shoot if your unit is in combat.

5. SilverFaith
    Terradon

SilverFaith Member

It's not a standard shooting attack. It can be used even if it charged, marched, or is in combat. When engaged in close combat, however, it can only be used on models in base contact.

Since make way is made during the start of combat (right before impact hits), you cannot decline the challenge, make way, and shoot during the shooting phase. Make way is done right before impact hits, which is after the shooting phase.

Since you need need to in base contact to scream, it cannot scream if it declined the challenge, since it is then in the baack rank, and out of reach.

6. Lizards o Lustria
    Skink

Lizards o Lustria New Member

OK. I was writing as if it was- I dont know anything about vamps(except that dire wolves can be converted into weasels-another story).
    Well, its good to get clarification- and that also answers the original question :)

7. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

But is the banshee allowed to join a unit in the first place?

I know unethereal characters are not allowed to join ethereal units, but not sure if it works the other way around as well

8. owain_b
    Saurus

owain_b Member

Ethereal characters can join non ethereal units but not the other way around.

Also banshee does not need to be in base contact for their scream in combat so can indeed scream from the back rank. If in combat the banshee must target a unit they are in combat with does not need to be in base contact.

Edit - sorry banshee does have to be in base contact for scream in combat, its the terrorgheist that can scream out of combat and doesn't need to be in base contact.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015