1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Two 2,000 GHII Lists

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by scubrat, Aug 28, 2017.

1. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

Got two lists I'm going to try in the coming weeks. Feel free to critique/improve. I'd like to make a more saurus warriors based list at some point but just don't have a great number of them atm.

List 1
    Slann - Light of Draco, Vast Intellect
    EoTG - Prism
    Starpriest - Retrices

Stegadon (with flamethrower)
    Bastiladon

Salamanders x2
    Skink Handlers
    Skinks x40
    Skinks x10
    Skinks x10
    Ripperdactyls x3

Shadowstrike
    Thunderquake

I'm a big fan of skinks as you can see, I think with the skink starpriest telling them to reroll 1s on hits and wounds that's going to send them a number of wounds, 9-15 on avg. The stegadon with flamethrower is there to cause havoc, slann can cast Curse of Fates, the steggy can teleport over to close to a big unit and then d6" itself closer to that unit and do lots of damage.

List 2
    Slann - Light of Draco, Rememberer
    Scar-vet on a Cold One - Blade/Shield, can't decide
    Oldblood on a Carnosaur
    Starpriest - Retrices
    Sunblood

Knights x5
    Knights x5
    Knights x5
    Skinks x10
    Salamanders x2
    Ripperdactyls x3
    Chameleon Skinks x5
    Chameleon Skinks x 5

Firelance
    Shadowstrike
    Draco's Tail

The plan with this one is to keep the enemy on their toes. Initially, all I'd need to put on the table are the starpriest, slann, skinks, two units of knights and two salamanders. The rest could be summoned. This leaves the enemy in a tough position when setting up, particularly when the first three deployments could be cham skinks, cham skinks and rippers. In your first turn you've got full board control really, summon stuff wherever you like! Hooray!

Definitely think there's space for an Astrolith there but I don't have one so hey ho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  2. Joshmunga
    Skink

Joshmunga Member

What did you mean by "Oldblood on Coldone"

3. scubrat
    Temple Guard

Scar-vet, haha, I'm going to edit that.

4. Joshmunga
    Skink

Joshmunga Member

I think both of these lists are awesome! I'm looking at making something very similar to the second one, because i love the summoning boost. Throwing Stegs around the board with the Space and Time ability is going to be sick.

scubrat likes this.
  5. scubrat
    Temple Guard

Yeah, I feel the second list is super aggressive and mobile, you could reform your army so easily every turn if you liked so pretty good for objective games.

6. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Never fielded knights so far by from what people that used them agree on, they are unreliable and weak ( this is why I also never really wanted to try em ). Unless you buff the cold ones that is. On your list they won't be buffed that much if I recall correctly.
    Your thoughts ?

7. scubrat
    Temple Guard

Mmm, good line of thinking. I mainly included them to complete the Draco's Tail battalion and now they're only 100 points, 300 points spent on some average units doesn't seem too bad. I've equipped mine with blades so if all 15 of them get a charge they'll make 2 mortal wounds between them and 8 normal wounds with their blades, 2-3 wounds with their bites, 10 wounds with their cold one bites, so 300pts on a charge which is almost guaranteed (with the +3 to charge from firelance and them being teleported or summoned to be 9" from the enemy) dealing an average of 20.5 wounds and 2 mortals seems pretty good to me. Guess that depends on them all surviving any retaliations, which yeah, is unlikely unless you charge some heavy artillery, a wizard or some weak units.

I never used to use them but now that they can drop on the battlefield almost anywhere that gives you the option to target some of those buffers in the army, the strategy is to use the knights and cham skinks to try and eliminate things like wizards and BSBs and then use the heavy hitters: ripperdactyls, oldblood carnosaur and sunblood to target stronger units.

Seraphage likes this.
  8. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Sounds like a sound plan then, looking forward to a battlereport to tell how how it go :cool:Just be careful not to let a horde army sit on the objectives cause it 'll be hard to swift them away !