1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total War Warhammer: Game played and lots of it out

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by The Sauric Ace, May 23, 2016.

1. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

When I read the article I thought the same but what cool game play that would be sending Eshin assassin out, digging tunnels, yeah I'm up for that.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Going deep with my Vampire Counts.. Enjoying this so much! Since you can rename general Lords, Heroes and Units alike I'm conquering the old world as a Vampire Lord named Kraven von Carstein and fighting for the Carstein bloodline! Mohaha Ran a little Orc campaign and started some Waagh's which was enjoyable but Orcs cant stand still for too long without them starting to fight among themselves which makes sense lore wise but it made me rush things at times. While Vampire Counts are very good at staying put for a long period of time..

230+ turns in ~

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  3. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

Seems like those vampires are taken the Empire soon ;)

4. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

Orcs will benefit from raiding camps, a stance you can set an army just across a border, that will help the fightyness while you try to build up some. (Or so I have read).

I'm just working on my restarted Dwarfs trying to take down the Greenskins to the south, got them gone from my north side already and hope my dwarf colleague's will protect that border for a while

5. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Ah you might be right, didn't check that when I was playing them! Working hard to try and get zombie dragon on my Vampire Lord. Mannfred has his at this point and its so powerful!

Can't wait to see the future DLC/Expansions + the endless mods.

6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

I'm restarting my Dwarf campaign as I rushed the start and made massive mistakes

7. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

Growth and public order together with some money making is essential to start with.
    Public Order especially when you want to confederate with another faction. Then your Provinces need to be able to take the public order hit (As Dwarfs, seemingly the Greenskins can do that on the fly every time against me absorbing other clans). Also you will take a Diplomatic hit with other factions of your Race so be wary of that! You might loose that alliance on your buffer zone where you need it.
    Growth buildings to get to the higher tier buildings fast then when your population surplus isn't needed any more in your province you can switch those out for more money making to sustain your higher tier armies.

Good trick I received: Loot a settlement in enemy provinces and with a 2nd move then occupy it (or if no more movement is left do Loot first and occupy 2nd on the following turn). Gives you loads of money, but not the initial order hit. (Don't do that in provinces where you already have a settlement)

Also some skills on your hero's can be trained up to 3 times for more benefit's in that thing! (Missed that the first time around my self)

Crowsfoot likes this.
  8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

I started by making my army so big that I had to go to war with everyone, neglected the building as well, hmmm I'm a greenskin in disguise.

9. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Wiping out the dwarfs one by one.. destroyed an army within the first minute and was wondering why I hadn't won yet then I noticed their Lord (
    Ungrim Ironfist) was still fighting strong.. So moved my army aside and let my lords battle it out. Took a few minutes but in the end he got defeated haha.

[​IMG]

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Your evil @Drimon

11. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

You guys that have had some time trying out the game now, what do you think could be an interesting gameplay for the Lizardmen faction, once they introduce them? Probably something like, good armies, but very slow to replenish and recruit, good infratructure, but not cabable of secure land other than in Lustria and the South Lands :)

Here's what the community of Total War are thinking on the matter of lizards: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/165477

Drimon and Crowsfoot like this.
  12. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

At first when I thought of the Lizardmen for future Expansion I thought it wouldn't fit with the current game due to them being on the other side of the world more or less but then I remembered that the Vampires, Dark Elves and High Elves are "settled" around Lustria so yeah. Hope they do come with Lustria for an expansion. Knowing how a Dragon and other big monsters work in the game I can't wait to see a Carno in-game! Oh a pack of Cold Ones! Ooh!

I do wish they split the Chaos forces by their gods with diffirent play styles.. Maybe a modder will see to that. Also.. more deamons please! Would also like to see a proper Kislev faction.. Bear cavalry hehehe. Ogre Kingdoms could be nice but would be like an army of trolls; slow, expensive and powerful haha. Tomb Kings would be a nice addition aswell but they dont leave their land so not sure how that would work but then again Lizardmen are the same in that sense.. :)

This game made the want to buy some Vampire Counts and some more Bretonnians .. Pity GW stopped making Bretonnians tho.

Crowsfoot and The Sauric Ace like this.
  13. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

I picked it up months ago on preorder and dipped my toe into it over the last week. (Why does work have to get in the way of my playtime. :) ) I'm really enjoying the greenskins, but will probably switch over and play VC or Dwarves for a bit.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  14. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

I too (because I can't be alone here right?) hope for Lizards making an appearance at some stage, I guess the only way they could become more involved is if you have their world gates active, allowing them to teleport to specific areas (4 or 5 different locations) across the old world, but acting as a two way portal, so you can be assaulted via them too.

15. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

There was a review of this on Good Game (a small show on ABC down here in Oz) and it looked pretty cool. Got 4.5/5 stars by both reviewers, which is pretty impressive. My wife says she hasn't seen me this excited for a long time! Shame I'll probably never play it...

Bowser likes this.
  16. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I played a couple of rounds on a friends computer, seemed pretty fun. But that's as much as I will get to play. Generally I have no time for video games.

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I'm not going to lie... I'm a bit jealous of you guys for getting to play such a great looking game.

:cool:

Bowser likes this.
  18. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Neither do I but I'm up to turn 120 with my VC army!

It is a great looking game and runs pretty smooth even on my some what old system.

Bowser likes this.
  19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I only have a laptop... I'm not too sure how well it could handle it.

20. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

what specs? As it runs (on low) pretty good on my laptop