1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all the slow painters out here!!!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by SeBM, Feb 4, 2011.

1. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

haha sorry mate i thought that was just a Work in Progress shot.

2. HashBash
    Skink

HashBash New Member

Hello everyone, apologising for not getting any pics up. :depressed:
    Have had my second pack of TG ready for some days now, just haven't bothered getting the camera out.
    However, though the week hasn't been very productive I've finaly put some work into my WE Glade Riders (Had some problems nailing the scheme, hence the delay) and now they look bloody epic if I may say so ;) Very very pleased with the result. So cu all tomorow when I will finish painting the cloaks for them and get uploading, asap!

---Hasse SJ

3. Josh Ichimaru
    Cold One

Josh Ichimaru Member

So out here in the country I only have one way to obtain plastic glue, Ive brought some blood angels for my 40k army and now there out of glue, so i have to wait a week or 2 before I can get started on painting them, and they also ran out of badab black and chaos black which puts painting off for me too , so for the meantime ill be on starcraft until the stock gets in D:

4. ollie
    Skink

ollie New Member

I've been lurking this thread since it started and have painted some stuff, and thought what the heck. Lets post em! Let me know what you think of them :D

ancientstegadon.jpg

Skink chief with war-spear on ancient stegadon :pigeon:

stegadon.jpg

Stegadon :pigeon:

templeguard.jpg

Temple guard :rage:

salamander.jpg

Salamander :mad:

saurusregiment.jpg

Saurus with spears :rage:

skinks.jpg

Skinks :jimlad:

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Good looking army you got there Ollie. :smug:

6. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

love the red stegadon ollie - nice work! ;)

7. HashBash
    Skink

HashBash New Member

Finaly they're here! Aid has arrived, my loyal poorly armored knights.
    Get ready for a heavy gallery of my cavalry (I guess that rhymes) - here comes the Wood Elf Glade Riders!

As for the paint Scheme your options with WEs will most often be something like winter/summor/spring/fall.. so I thought I would atleast try making some alternative (though some may argue it's pretty much a fall-scheme)
    Tried going with lots of yellow/brownish color, my inspiration was kindof desert/savanna.

Here goes!;

IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0137-1.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg

And here's a quick pic of another 5 metal lizzied I painted. Mainly for the competition count =)

IMG_0152.jpg

---Hasse SJ

8. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

@HashBash: Congrats on the work you've done, I really like what you did with the Temple Guards

@Ollie: Awesome army man!!!! You should start your own painting log in that section of the forums. I really like both your stegadons!!!

9. Viarca
    Saurus

Viarca New Member

I got back from China at the end of last week, but was too jet-lagged to bring myself to do anything involving painting this past weekend. Hopefully I will be more productive next week.

10. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

I have been so busy recently so I have not been able too paint much but i will get my kroxigors done this week :)

11. ollie
    Skink

ollie New Member

Thanks for the positive feedback :) i will definitely start a painting log!

Btw cool wood elf riders, especially the standard bearer. Wish i had some WE models, might buy some or help my friend and paint his.

Keep em coming!

12. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

Is it Thursady already? this week has gone so fast. Am slightly busy at work today so i'll update the scores for y'all tonight. Got distracted by the arrival of Assault on Black Reach (6 weeks after i bought the damn thing, thank you mysterious eBay user, may your account be deleted) so I got distracted (again) and have been constructing my Orks and Space Marines. Will finish my slann's palanquin before the challenge ends though, i need some space on my desk!

13. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I will definitely try to finish my rank of Saurus Warriors before the end of the challenge. I've been so busy with work that I haven't touched my brushes in the past week.

Hopefully, I will manage to earn a full point :D.

14. HashBash
    Skink

HashBash New Member

Hi there, here's a few pics of a Terradon Rider I converted. I actually did the modeling a long time ago but only just finished painting this one.

They're made from 40K "Tyranid Gargoyle Brood", only 40K box I've ever bought ;)
    The terradon heads were made from varius saurus pieces, I just clipped a bit and removed the crests, and the longer neck was build in Green Stuff.
    The Skank Rider is from the usual skink box, for some of the riders I just had to bend a little and rebuild some. Apart from the riders being a little big compared to the terradon I think it works really well.
    Also for the wings I used a "fade" technique; a watered down base color which I mixed with gradually lighter paints.

IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg

I have a whole lot more of the terradons on my desk, but I'll need some basing stuff to spice up the bases before I work on any more of them im afraid. So this one is all you get in a while.

---Hasse SJ

15. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

*juvenile chuckling*

--DF2K

16. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

Thats a valid comment (work in progress shot)
    And one day I'll dip or wash him but untill everything is basecoated hes finalized for now.

how long do we have left in the challenge btw?

17. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

Sunday is the final day (10th, local time) so get your pics uploaded soon!

Congrats to hash for getting the first Cavalry of the comp painted! I'd be interested in knowing how you patched up the arm holes in the Gargoyle conversion (i was looking at my gargoyle sprues this morning actually, strange coincidence).

and as promnised.... Week 8 Points update (better late then never!)

Slow Painters Challenge - Week 8
    Viarca - 15 points (Skink Priest, Slann, Stegadon, 3 Skink Handlers, Salamander, 12 Saurus)
    Eladimir - 12 points (16 Saurus/Temple Guard, 1 HE Sea Guard, Stegadon, Skink Priest, 8 Skink Handlers & 5 command)
    Josh Ichimaru - 7 points (Slann, Skink Priest, 5 Saurus)
    HashBash - 7 points (15 Temple Guard, Skink Chief, 5 WE Glade Riders)
    Juhaaha - 6.4 points (Titan Gladiator, Master Tormentor, 2 Beastmen Gors)
    sevensevensare49 - 4.2 points (HE Swordmaster, Oxyotl, Chakax)
    strewart - 2 points (Unit Filler)
    SeBM - 0.2 points (Saurus Warrior)

18. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

nothing like a last day points dash - here's my completed Slann & Palanquin. Next mission: find whoever designed the palanquin, kill them and wear their skin as a jacket for putting so many frigging details on it.

P1030804.jpg
    P1030809.jpg
    P1030810.jpg

and some Tyranid Hormagants
    P1030812.jpg
    P1030814.jpg

19. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

Muki.jpg

Managed to take 1 pic before battery died. 7 x 5ed skinks and scar vet on cold one

20. Viarca
    Saurus

Viarca New Member

Nothing again from me this week. 'Ard Boyz practice is a bigger priority since I still haven't decided on a list (let alone an army), and lost one of my 4 trial games because I wasn't paying attention to the victory conditions with the third scenario and the game ended early due to a dice roll (a sure sign I am not prepared).

Nice looking stuff though everyone! Hopefully I'll get back in a good routine soon too.