1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog TMTMTPoS' Seraphon

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by TMTMTPoS, Aug 14, 2016.

1. TMTMTPoS
    Skink

TMTMTPoS Member

Hey everyone,

So two weeks ago a bought and assembled my first warhammer miniatures - a box of saurus guard. Having decided on a colour scheme last week I bought the paints for the skin and this week got the paints for the shields, which I finished this afternoon. I've been taking it slowly and next week I will probably buy the gold and gem paints I need and work from there. I based the colour scheme off of these guys:

[​IMG]

I've been using a very dry brush heavy technique for the models and so far have been very happy with how they have turned out so far. Unfortunately, the pictures from my phone don't do them much justice but they should give everyone a good idea of how they look while I work out how to create nicer conditions for taking pictures and find my camera (wherever it is :oops:). In particular it doesn't show the contrast between the skin and scales on the models.

upload_2016-8-14_16-24-18.png
    upload_2016-8-14_16-25-37.png

Please tell me what you think! :D I am taking my time with them so it will be a while before I can show off the completed minis but I will post more progress images if you want to see them!

TMTMTPoS

Crowsfoot, Warden, n810 and 3 others like this.
  2. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

It looks excellent so far! Keep the pictures coming! :D

Ps: sorry for not answering before, I hand´t seen the thread :confused:

TMTMTPoS and Warden like this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Looks fantastic! Really great job on the colour match there, I really like that shield. Just an amazing colour that works so well with the green of the saurus.

TMTMTPoS likes this.
  4. TMTMTPoS
    Skink

TMTMTPoS Member

Well, thanks guys! It took a long time to find some inspiration I was happy with. The gold is taking far longer than expected and I've got lots of neatening up to do so it may be a while on those :p I'm also trying to find a way to break up the gold on the banners as the solid colour looks very strange. I will use some gemstone paints for sections but I'm also considering painting a checkered pattern on the triangle just to keep it all interesting.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Jorgik likes this.
  5. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

Looking good :) Are you going to keep the teal to the shield or going to try giving them the teal throat as well?

TMTMTPoS and Bowser like this.
  6. TMTMTPoS
    Skink

TMTMTPoS Member

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I've thought about it quite a lot but I am struggling to come to a decision. I might try to do a teal throat this weekend for one and compare the two - I'll be sure to post it and see what you all think of it!

Jorgik and Bowser like this.