1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Tips vs WE - 1500 pts

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Hooligan, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Hooligan
    Skink

Hooligan New Member

So I have a match this weekend vs the aggrivating WE using normal 8th rules and I'm looking for some tips. I've played this buddy a few times, enough to know that he loves the no-modifier arrows (bad news for skinks) on a couple units of 12 Glade Guard, 1 or 2 small groups of wild riders, and the typical sister bus for a bunker. He may try something different, but this is the guts of what I have come to expect. This has been a tough match for me and I'm a bit tired of being tabled, so any input or suggestions are welcome.

My thoughts are to build a list around one of these strategies:

Cowboy Spam - Pack as many as I can and send them off as seeker missiles. Spare enough points for a couple priests for a small magic presence and scroll caddie.

Kadon Priest - Taken with a naked beast Slann and pack the power scroll on a priest for a mountain chimera. I reckon it would be hard to handle at 1500pts, so it almost guarantees a wasted WE magic phase as I would expect him to dedicate the dice to dispel it on his turn. The other spells rely on getting a scar vet into combat, which I am less than confident with their mobility.

Life Slann - Basically points denial. Bring only units that are T4+ to mess with puny elf strength. I'm thinking a large block of saurus and temple guard. Sounds boring, as he will probably dance around and pepper while easily avoiding combat. I'll just sit back and regrow... sounds like a dull way to waste a couple hours.

Also wanted to ask some opinions about chameleons for this match. In the past I have always brought a 5 man team to deploy simply to deny vanguard. They are, of course, deleted the first WE turn by no-penalty arrows. I've been telling myself that's a worthwhile investment but I'm starting to question that lately. Thoughts?

Thanks

2. Basa210
    Jungle Swarm

Basa210 New Member

im used to fighting WElves that uses a lot of waywatchers and poison arrows with wild riders. Additionally, the player I always fight is very adept at the hit and run tactic.

with that said. using multiple cowboys might be effective if placed correctly and if he doesnt use guys that ignore your armor saves.

what i usually do is bring a slann with WD (or heavens) and a Bastiladon to shoot down a unit 1 by 1. they don't really want to get into combat so what you have to do is shoot them down while you chase them.

i still havent tested bringing an OB with flying carpet (other items are of your choice) to appear behind their lines and just start bashing through.