1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. This guy.

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Man0waR, May 28, 2015.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Wow... that is quite the close fight with the Old Blood, throw in the OTS and we might even have the edge!

The vamp blender lord is quite formidable... luckily my Unkillable Chaos Lord fears nothing! He'll drop the Vamp!

2. DrMad
    Skink

DrMad Member

Except the balde of realities and boosted Shems ;)

And rolling 2s of course ;)

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  3. DrMad
    Skink

DrMad Member

With the OTS and GW the Oldblood averages 0.81 wounds. Close, but he goes first... And he can regain wounds... But maybe with the right buffs/ Life Slann...

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Shem's burning gaze is not that threatening to this guy. His defense is too strong. Arcane Unforging on the other hand is a top priority to dispel!!

That Blade of Realities performs decently in this matchup, but is not that impressive overall. It leaves the Oldblood too vulnerable for my tastes.
    The Oldblood will hit on 4's and wound on 4's.
    The Unkillable lord will hit on 3's, wound on 2's and will have to go through a 5+ armour save

It's a close match-up, but the Chaos Lord still has a chance to heal wounds via soul feeder. And in this case you have tailored a character to specifically take on a standard unkillable build. This build of Oldblood will not be extremely useful for other purposes, while the chaos lord is still a swiss army knife of functionality. Plus the Chaos Lord has a huge mobility advantage (if mounted on a disc... which I prefer).

Tzeentch curse those wretched 2s!!!! :rage::rage::rage:

5. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna weigh in on the Blade of Realities. oldblood on dinohorse with shield, inside unit of cold ones with full command. Must have Slann of Light. If you don't get Light of Battle or Timewarp off, then the champion accepts the inevitable challenge and you better get the spell off in your next turn! The Blade of Realities makes folks cry.

Not a fan of the OP model or kitout. For maximum kill, the sword of bloodshed is the G.O.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's what I particularly don't like about it... it is highly reliant on other factors...
    • a unit of cold ones with full command
    • Slann magical support
    • getting the right set of spells
    And even then you are highly vulnerable death magic snipe spells. An Oldblood with a 4+ ward, dawnstone and OTS has nearly the same offensive capabilities but is far superior defensively. As such, this Oldblood does not need magical support in order to excel.

7. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Did you reach 0,96 by adding red fury?

8. Kocki
    Skink

Kocki New Member

Take an Oldblood with: GW, LA, Egg of Quango, Glittering Scales, Talisman of Protection in unit Templeguards and Lord Kroak. I claim that nobody will have a chance against him. He is a built against Champs and Monsters like Hellpit Abonimation. What do you think?

9. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

:D

Eh, I dunno. HPA will probably squish him. You almost need to bring some fire to kill that stupid thing. The Egg is cool, but unreliable IMO. A ward save might serve you better. For monster killing I very much prefer to be mounted so you don't get stomped to death.

@Man0waR Great build. I really want to start moving towards infantry characters and this guy seems like a good start. I will experience.

10. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Light armour and glittering scales don't stack. I'd also rather like the egg on a skink chief and use more points on the OB. Besides isn't the egg 35pts?

Kocki likes this.
  11. DrMad
    Skink

DrMad Member

Yes, Red Fury and ASF

12. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

so...ermm.....what is OTS?

13. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Other trickster shard - enemy reroll ward save

14. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Alright, but at any rate the math is so close so I'd say it could go either way. It's almost as much a risky proposition for the VL as for us.

15. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

They may be able to kill my Oldblood normally, but not if I play dirty and buff the hell out of him to give him an edge in a challenge.

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's true, magic can always swing things in our favour, but that ward is tough to beat.

Bainbow likes this.
  17. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

True, but with multiple wounds even one strike can be fatal. :p

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Very true... but if I'm the Chaos player, remember that my lord has the mobility advantage (Disc of Tzeentch) so I will most often get to choose who I attack and engage them on my turn (so I can make buffs).

I feel the Unkillable Chaos Lord is probably the single best character in the game. But you're right, under the right circumstances he can be taken down.

Bainbow likes this.
  19. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

You may have the advantage there, but with all I need do in that scenario is have a little champion accept instead, or perhaps refuse the challenge. Then when my turn rolls round and you have to declare and accept challenges, I have the buff advantage and you have no way to escape.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's true... taking advantage of WoC forced challenges is a great way to combat them. You've got a good eye for tactics, a lot of people seem to forget this weakness.

But as I said, even with magical buffs, it is still a tough fight for Lizardmen, and we're unlikely to drop the guy in a single round. So the WoC player will have a chance to throw down some buffs in his favour as well.

Bainbow likes this.