1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Right Graphics Card For Total War: Warhammer 2

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by Micktrex, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Micktrex
    Skink

Micktrex New Member

I wasn't sure where to post this thread but this forum seems better than any other.

As the title suggests I intend to play TWW2 (the first GW where you can play the lizardmen? Yes please!) and I am in the process of upgrading my PC to make this a reality. I pretty much have everything but the GPU needed to make the game run as well as my wallet will allow - my price range is between £150-£300.

I was hoping the more tech savvy members of this site could advise me on the best graphic cards out there for my system, what the game needs to run on ultra and sustain a fairly smooth fps rate etc, etc.

I will provide my system information below to help.

System Information:

HP ENVY h8 PC series
    Model No. h8-1485ea
    Serial No. CZC3084YLX
    Motherboard: IPMMB-FM (Formosa)
    Chipset: Intel Z75
    BIOS Version/Date: AMI 8.21, 20/10/2014
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (up to 3.9GHz turbo), 3401Mhz, 4 core(s)
    System Type: x64-based processor
    RAM: 16GB (4 x DDR3)
    Hard drive size: 2TB (also adding a 250GB SSD so possible I might run the game off the solid state drive if this will benefit it)
    PSU: 650watts
    Current GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
    1 PCI Express x16(Gen 3.0 for i5 and i7 Ivy Bridge Processors, all others Gen 2.0)

I included everything I thought would be of any use to someone in the know. I also understand that there are other factors to consider such as space in the case to house the GPU and I'd like to avoid a card that has a tendency to overheat but I will trust your expert opinions.

Any recommendations would be incredibly appreciated!

Mike

2. Ashsandy48
    Jungle Swarm

Ashsandy48 New Member

I'm not necessarily tech savvy lol but IV got a gaming laptop, running a quad core i7 processor I think it's 3.2 GHz off hand and an Nvidia 1060 graphics card, now being a laptop I get hot so had to invest in a fancy underneath cooler but I'm running total war warhammer 2 now on ultra graphics like a dream! It's a stunning game mate so good luck, from what I've read online everyone recommends at least a 900 Nvidia GPU, again top of my head here but I think it was the 960 I read about

3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

if you run the game off the solid state drive it will load quicker.

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Try and get a Nvidia geforce 1060 6mb and overclock it and run it off the SSD as @Lord-Marcus mentions

5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Only overclock if he has to. Over clocking causes heat issues if not properly cooled by fans or other means

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Every new card is designed to be clocked just the same as most bios have a turbo feature for the processors, heat can be a problem but clocking your card can get you 10% free power

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  7. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Good to know