1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. The new book: Everything in one place! [Out of date!]

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by GCPD, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Re: The new book: Everything in one place! [updated 29/07]

Nah mate, you've made that up. Slow to fire only means no stand and shoot. that's it. You've been playing it wrong :p BRB page 75

And salamanders have never been able to stand and shoot, so unless they have specifically taken away the 'skirmishers' rule, they'll be unchanged. My opinion is that would be the right option. With march and shoot (from being skirmishers), they could literally run rings around the opposition, and had a ridiculous effective range. With only move and shoot, you would still be auto hitting with the template, so no negatives to hit, but would have your effective range reduced by 6, and you would have to be more smart in trying to out-manoeuvre your opponent.

TL;DR: salamanders are still awesome, and you won't have people whining 'broken' at you like a spoiled child.

2. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

The BRB just says Slow to Fire means no stand and shooting? Nothing about movement penalties. The Salamander couldn't Stand and Shoot in the current/soon-to-be-old rulebook either, so it's just logical progression?

3. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Have we completely confirmed the statline for the Carnosaur is unchanged? What if it is still T5 4+ armor but has gained a few extra wounds on its profile? That would certainly fit better with its huge size.

4. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Grymloq's new profile is posted in the OP of this thread. He has always been a Carnosaur w/o Frenzy but an extra attack.

7 3 0 7 5 5 2 5 5 with a 4+ save

5. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

Slow to fire is cannot stand and shoot.
    MOVE or fire is cannot move and shoot.

Slow to fire has no relevance in whether or not the unit can move and shoot.

6. Maazie
    Cold One

Maazie Member

Oh I'm so Hyped... I love that they have the new kits that are all mixed and match. The first thing I want is definitely a Bastiladon Kit, he just looks fun to paint. Hopefully I can get my Engine of the Gods painted before everything comes out.

I am very eager to find out what the new rules and stats on are some things, as well as our new Lore (I would have liked a Different name "High Magic" Sounds way to close to the High Elf Lore, "Lore of the Old Ones" Would have been so much more flavorful.

Love the new Skink Priests... Oh but the damn prices... Curse you GW, good thing I have rich friends.

7. Skubzilla
    Skink

Skubzilla New Member

With the exception of the lore attribute, I am under the impression the Lore of High Magic, is the Lore of High Magic from the 8th Edition High Elf Codex. As in, the spells are all exactly the same.

Lastly, does anybody know why Kroq Gar has a robotic hand with a gem in it? Any mention of some cool magic item, or something associated with that? Or is it simply just there for looks?

8. Andrinor
    Saurus

Andrinor Member

In the Warhammer: Lizardmen preview on iTunes it is listed as the Hand of Gods, which allows him to create a "searing ball of light in the palm of his hand which he can direct at his enemies." In the 7th Edition book it let him hit all enemy units, including those in combat, within 12" in his "arc of sight" with d6 S4 hits as a bound spell power level 5. I always thought it was odd since I'd rather he had an item that made him better in combat.

9. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

idont trust that guy "who spoke" to vetoc.
    S4 for template is way too good. even if they get move or fire, but if hesays its slow to fire its even more awsome, unless we lose skirmishers :/
    Loremaster just only for High magic is strange and idont like it if its so, because we will se way less varaety, because high magic for its atribute is way to good to just other lore without loremaster, if you choose HM esentialy you still have loremaster for other lores just alot complicated. I hope theres still item that gives extra spell.

10. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Same here, if I got to have a look at the book first hand I'd head straight to the stats and points section and have a good hard look, especially at seeing the special characters and the changes that are going on.

Although the changes to Krok-gar and Grymlok are a little disappointing at present, as their stats just seems to be a copy and paste from the last edition.

11. Spiney Norman
    Kroxigor

Spiney Norman New Member

Yeah, giving Slann loremaster for high magic and no other lore is a disgustingly blunt way of herding players towards using that instead of the BRB lores. It reminds me of what they did with Tomb Kings, giving you access to a few of the brb lores and then forcing you to take the LoN on your highest level caster.

Its like giving you a choice and then making one option so much better that there isn't really any choice at all.

12. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

forlustria Well-Known Member

I would like to apologise for my nerd rage over the salamander for some reason I has it in my head that slow to fire ment you couldn't move and shoot . Think that is because war machines have it and they cant move and shoot.. I will not be looking at the forum or warseer now as I don't want to find out any more rules till the book comes out.

also would like to add that on the salamanders profile in the white dwarf I cannot see slow to fire listed ?

13. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Speaking of the white dwarf supplement, is it possible for someone to take and upload screen shots of all the LM info provided in the battle report (rules and any stats or hints)?

Thanks.

14. GCPD
    Bastiladon

GCPD Active Member

It's all in the first page of this thread. Doing what you ask isn't possible

15. Spiney Norman
    Kroxigor

Spiney Norman New Member

I assume that the full profile for the Salamander's shooting attack will be given under the Spout Flames rule. Only a few days left until we know for sure.

16. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

BTW is there any proof in WD that PF atacks can be made from suporting atacks aka second rank?
    That is did they role seperetly for each rank or they rolled a bunch of dices?

17. walach
    Razordon

walach New Member

Nothing mentioned as far as I can see. Surely would be really messy to start rolling separate dice? And would make the rule useless for skrox?

18. Spiney Norman
    Kroxigor

Spiney Norman New Member

While that's true it is rumoured that Kroxigor can still be taken as stand alone units in special slot you know ;)

19. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

if salamanders are now slow to fire can they march and shoot?

20. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Slow to fire only means that they cannot stand and shoot, no different from before. However, they MAY lose the ability to march and shoot if for example they are no longer classed as skirmishers or if the army book specifically says the cannot march and shoot.