1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Arena of Death!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Xlcontiqu, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

It's been a real shocker from start to finish. I hope they are all this crazy.

2. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

Killing blow is looking brutal :)

It's been good to watch...(read) lol

3. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

I ought to say my Oldblood fought well. If I had won over the orc I doubt I would have stood long before the assassin. Killing blow is brutal.

Cheers!

4. ryan88
    Saurus

ryan88 New Member

I'm surprised not to have seen a wood elf with the annoyance of netlings, that would have been great. maybe i'll make that guy.... i'm really new to the forum so i'm still wrapping my head around stuff. from what i see you make a character 250pts or less and just send it in? am i missing somthing?

5. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

Nope you've got it pretty spot on, with the exception of having to wait for the next arena of death to come up. In which case you are welcome to submit your AlterNoble of doom

6. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

The Final results are in!

Xlcontiqu vs. Yzan

The Assassin's nimble feet shone through again, as he rushed the Black Orc before he had time to react. Launching a flurry of blows at his opponent, the Black Orc count only attempt to block then blows and did not have time for a counterattack. Suddenly, the Warboss left an opening, as the heavy blade swung just a little too far out. The Assassin seized the chance, driving his blade deep into the heart of the orc, killing him where he stood. The Assassin removed his blade, wiped it off on the grass and disappeared into the dark, his mission finally complete. (I scored one single killing blow of the Warboss, but was fairly lucky in that all my attacks hit with the rerolls.)

Winner of the LO Arena of Death I: Xlcontiqu!

I will be starting up a new thread shortly for the next one, but be warned, this new one has a twist!

Any comments or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

7. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Is the twist no Assassins. :D

8. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

9. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I greatly enjoyed it, good work! And thanks Craken for the awesome board every round.

I do have one small suggestion, which you may choose to use or ignore as you see fit. Start the fighters not in base contact, both of them charge, thus both get charging bonuses. Dice off for who strikes first (+1 for higher initiative, and of course ASF/ASL applies for weapons and such) then after every 'round' (a strike and retaliate) the fighters disengage, so a new charge can happen.

It makes Bretonnian Knights usable and adds a bit more flexibility to who gets to attack when, plus I think it simulates arena fighting more. Up to you though, your system worked well too.

10. ryan88
    Saurus

ryan88 New Member

Great job, this was alot of fun to read, so much i've written up a character of my own, hopefully i'll be able to submit it and am not working...maybe next arena will hold more competitors? hint hint hint. :p Cracken your tree was a great help, i'm an professional artist and i think in pictures so those names did nothing for me :p hopefully you'l l all be seeing my wood elf soon :D

11. Slanny*are*tranny
    Cold One

Slanny*are*tranny New Member

I would love to join in sounds like great fun wen is the next one starting

12. Yzan
    Skink

Yzan New Member

AHRG! necro, you could have pm'ed him instead or posted in the current thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.