1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Arena of Death!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Xlcontiqu, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Wow, I was sure I was going to lose that one. Killing blow was my only chance, but it came through. I was also surprised that the Goblin fell; that was about the sneakiest character build I've seen!

Great job Xlontiqu- this was a terrific idea, and your narration of the battles is superb. Here's a salute to the fallen, and those yet to fall...

2. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

*mutter mutter mutter* must have been fixe, if only I had my warlitter it would have been different.
    I'll get you next time hellbreaker, NEXT TIME!

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

:D Useless in any battle, but yes extremely evil in an arena setting. Love the little guy, and he is usually a hell of a lot cheaper than all the massive characters he has to face, which makes any wins even sweeter. I think I will stick with him in future AoDs when possible.

4. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

Knew I should of gone the Great weapon! lol, my protecty ward and armour of rebounding attacks has failed me! CURSE YOU LIZARDMAN!!!

Now I've got to cheer on the only other non-lord in the tourney, GO THE ASSASSIN!!!

5. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Hmm... Looks like the hated and treacherous Dark Elf is up next for me to battle, which brings to mind a question. We both strike simultaneously, so what happens in the case of an ai-uchi mutual kill?

6. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

I was contemplating the same thing. You think most wounds seems fair?

7. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Wow, just got home, lots of lizard survivors. Seems like it will be Lizard vs Lizard :( Only one will survive though ;) Actually I'm quite surprised I survived to round 2.

Here's the update

lustira_r2_by_rjrflocas-d31l5l6.jpg

8. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

I had hoped to get a chance to fight both greenskins, but ah well. I probably would have lost to that little git.

9. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Figures I ended up facing the guy who could nail me with killing blow...

Well, the nature of Tomb Kings being what it is, this won't be the last you've heard of King Sorekh-Ra! :bored:

edit: also just a random question, how is the wild card slot going to be chosen?

10. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

I was thinking of just choosing one of the losers of the second round. But I am open to more suggestions.

11. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Probably as fair as any other, and simpler than most. Or, it might be a way to do the wild card, in the event that we both go up in a puff of blood, hatred, and unkind words- the winner of the middle bracket could just divert over to the lefthand fight.

There would be something satisfyingly appropriate about the High Elf and Dark Elf taking each other out (that's how I would script it if this were a movie ;) ). However you want to do it is fine by me; I've already had more fun with this than should be allowed, and it hasn't cost a dime!

12. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

I say the wildcard should be 250 points of trolls. That would be great.

13. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Depends on how many more fights you want to schedule... What you could do is split the final 6 into two pools of 3, they each fight their two opponents in their pool, then the top 2 of each pool go through. eg.

Pool 1
    1.a
    2.b
    3.c

Pool 2
    1.d
    2.e
    3.f

Semi finals:
    a vs e
    b vs d

Other choice is after this round going, there will be only 3 left. Get them all to fight each other one after another to determine a winner.

14. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

That was closer than i was hoping!

Great description on the fights, much appricated.

Not looking forward to fighting the dwarf.

15. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Sir, you just made my day. :D

And Craken, my bets are on the oldblood winning.

Cheers!

16. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Your's or mine? :)

17. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Ah, we'll see about that. But I'm taking the safe bet. :D

Cheers!

18. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

19. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

Round 2 results are in!

Gor-rok vs. Xlcontiqu

The Assassin and the Prince leapt at each other, there weapons flashing in a flurry of almost imperceptible blows. One of the Assassin's daggers found its mark, and the glowing sword of the Prince also sliced a gash into the Assassin. They pulled back, both of them clutching their wounds, hatred evident in their eyes. They both rushed at each other again, ignoring their pain in their blind attempts to kill the other. They exchanged blows, and both saw an opening, the Assassin's blade going through the chest of the Prince, and the magical sword cleaving the Assassin's head from his shoulders. (The High Elf Prince rolled 1-1-2 both times for his to wound rolls and could not kill the Assassin outright. The Assassin managed to get the Killing Blow the second time around though, securing his victory. The Assassin scored five wounds to the Prince's two.)

Winner: Xlcontiqu

Chahlie vs. Sir Zantos

The Oldblood struck first, his blade darting out to strike the Dwarf Lord, inflicting four wounds. Somehow, the luck of the Dwarf shone through, and he managed to save all of them with his armour. The Dwarf struck back, unafraid of his Lizardmen foe, and this great weapon managed to wound the Oldblood three times, of which only one snuck through the armour. The Oldblood, enraged by his wounds, struck back at the Dwarf Lord, managing to only wound him twice, again with the Dwarf's armour proving to be too much for the Oldblood to penetrate. The Dwarf Lord prepared to strike again, but his courage failed him and his hand wavered. Still, he managed to hit the Oldblood twice, and wound him with both hits. The Oldblood's armour proved to be no match for the strength of the Dwarf, and was killed. (The Dwarf Lord failed his Fear test in the second round, but still managed to inflict two wounds, with none saved by armour.)

Winner: Chahlie

Craken vs. hellbreaker

The Oldbloods were evenly matched and both swung together. The mounted Oldblood wounded the other Lizardmen once, and neither armour nor magic could save that. The other Oldblood struck back and managed to also get a wound past the armour of the other. Both now realized what a threat the other was and launched into a furious assualt. The Halberd reached up and buried itself deep into the shoulder of the Lizardmen. Roaring the mounted Oldblood lashed out, and cut the other Oldblood in the side. Both attacked again, neither finding an advantage, their scaly hides proving to be quite a good deterrent of the other's blades. Finally, the mounted Oldblood tired, and the other Lizardmen seized his advantage. Pulling the Lizardmen off his Cold One, he drove the Halberd straight into his heart, were no amount of armour could save. (The Oldbloods were very evenly matched, but the Halberd proved to be the tipping point with the extra armour save modifier.)

Winner: hellbreaker

And now, for the mystery spot.

I decided to randomize it amongst all the defeated contestants to give everyone one last chance to make it to the finals.

So the last person filling up the semi finals is... Yzan!

20. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

I would just like to add my predictions for the next round.

Xlcontiqu vs. Chahlie

I think I stand a good chance of winning this, if I manage to get a killing blow on the first turn, followed by him failing his ward save. If that happens to fail, they I will most likely die.

Pick: Xlcontiqu (because why would I vote against myself?)

hellbreaker vs. Yzan

I think hellbreaker is going to take this one. I think he is survivable and tough enough to absorb the Warboss' extra attacks. And I think his extra strength is going to be pivotal in getting past the tough Warboss.

Pick: hellbreaker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.