1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial The 8e Lizardmen Handbook (Updated November 2nd 2014)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by VampTeddy, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

Re: The 8e Lizardmen Handbook

Regen is not a ward save. It's a regeneration save. OTS only works against wards.

2. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

Regen isn't a ward save is it?

For save or die spells that allow a ward save is a regen save allowed?

3. hilburn
    Cold One

hilburn New Member

Regen is not a ward save
    You can save, ward save, and regen all on the same wound
    Unless youve been hit with a flaming attack that is

4. rantapanda
    Kroxigor

rantapanda Member

indeed regen save is not a ward save.

If a particular spell sayd that it can be saved with a ward save, it means it cannot be saved with a regen save.
    (unless is states it can be saved with a regen..)

5. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

No you cannot, you can save, ward OR regn save, on the same wound.

Stated under regeneration in the BRB unless it's faq'ed (whic i doubt).

6. hilburn
    Cold One

hilburn New Member

Stupid tablet predictive text. Really need to proof read my posts more thoroughly. I will go hang my head in shame in the corner.

7. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

haha, we can quickly co-edit my quote and your post so i seem to be the wrongful one since your tablet is to blame? :p

Update : i have received scalenex's layout of our troops, and his ratings, and will soon be making my own, then i'll compare, and should have a post up monday on our units (core, special rare).

8. Noveltyboy
    Skink

Noveltyboy New Member

I haveng read all 5 pages didi anyone point out the power scroll is really good since they changed how it worked. It halves the cost of a single spell. Awesome in itself and better in storm of magic with spells costing 25+ to cast

Also until faq your slaan still has to accept challenges in combat so skavenpelt banner if your playing skaven may not be the best idea if a choppy character calla you out

9. Jinxed Mojo
    Skink

Jinxed Mojo New Member

Hey, I'm just wondering, what's the synergy between Harmonic Convergence and Channeling Staff? I don't understand, could someone explain? Thank you!

Edit: I misread for the heavens spell instead of the discipline! Ignore this post :).

10. Omar
    Cold One

Omar New Member

Wow great job on the Handbook! Thank you for taking the time and effort.

I apologize if someone already posted these corrections but I didn't get around to reading all the posts:

Under Arcane Items:

1) Add Staff of Sorcery. This was added in the FAQs (+1 to dispel attempts).

2) Power Scroll was FAQ'd to work differently. It now lets you cast a spell at half of the power cost specified on the spell but can only be used to cast first level spells (not the augmented versions).

Looking forward to the rest of the handbook, great stuff on here!

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  11. Andy06r
    Saurus

Andy06r Member

There is a mistake re: skavenpelt. Its hatred vs bearer, not unit so the skaven wouldn't get rerolls against the TG. Just the Slann they can't reach.

That banner also works well with cold one riders, especially if you can buff their I somehow.

12. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

i Thought i had corrected that.

Dang, better get to it soon.

13. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

curious as to why scar vet cowboys aren't purple?

they seem to be hands down the best unit in the book (outside of the slann). they were amazing in the last book and arguably just got better.

2 are basically a staple in any tournament list, unless you're running a single scar vet on a carno instead.

14. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I helped write that part. I thought about making it Purple. Purple means it's practically a must include. An Oldblood cowboy is not a must include because the same thing can be done with a Scar Veteran cowboy. A Scar Veteran Cowboy is not a must include because the same thing can be done with an Oldblood cowboy.

If there are multiple things that can do the same thing, it's not a staple. They are still very good though. The weakness of a five level system. Not all blues (or any other color) are equal but to subdivide color categories would become needlessly complicated very fast. Cowboys are on the fence between blue and purple in my opinion (indigo?). I rounded down because I think purples should be fairly rare, but it would not hurt my feelings if VampTeddy changed them.

15. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

I am really sorry about the current lack of work on this - i have a bunch of thougts piled up by Scalenex for this tactica but i'd like to review them before posting them.

This feels like work to me, and since i am having some issues focusing on my real work atm, this is a bit of a "delay until ready" project atm.

16. Lantern
    Jungle Swarm

Lantern New Member

I'm just wondering if there is a tad more utility in the High Magic spell Apotheosis. Yes, it heals the Slann 1 wound, but it also grants Fear. One of the Slann/Temple Guard rules is that if the Slann causes fear, so do the Temple Guard. For a tad of combat protection, do you think it's worth it?

17. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

Well if you need it, it can be.

Do remember however that the TG are immune to fear already, IF your slann is deployed in them (which he is in your scenario), meaning that you will only profit against low LD enemies

18. Lantern
    Jungle Swarm

Lantern New Member

I'm more thinking that as a Loremaster, it's a throwaway, low cost spell that might draw out dispel dice from your opponent due to fear of what it 'might' do ie force them to require 6's to hit in combat.

19. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

Your opponent has to be scared of it then.

They'll need to be low leadership for it to matter, and later in the game, you'd rather keep it to heal your razordon/Salamander/stegadon/bastiladon/terradon/hero/lord, that lure out dispel dice with it.

I do think you can use it as you want to use it, but not if you're against ld 9-10, and rarely against 7-8 as they'd likely have a BSB reroll and be fine anywhoes, they'll take the risk and go for something else.

Once this spell becomes a risk, you need the healing to in my oppinion :)

20. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

Great guide thanks. I'd also vote scarvet cowboy to be purple and oldblood cowboy to stay blue. What you gain for the cost isn't impressive.