1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Tetto en wood elf questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by borkbork, Jun 14, 2015.

1. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

Today in a game against my regular wood elf opponent and a few questions popped up. It was my first game ever to use Tetto, and was confused by the vanguard rule

1. So, does a unit consisting of 2 scarvets, tetto and 25 skinks (cohort) count as a single unit for Tetto's vanguard rule? It felt wrong to move this unit up, but the rule says you role for this vanguard thing after deployment and according to the BRB a combined unit is treated as a single unit.

2 we found out that wildriders have impact hits as well (like they didn't do enought damage allready).So my wood elf opponent has played it wrong all this time. But the question is now,? Does the unit get impact hits (So D3 in total) or does each model in the unit get impact hits (8xd3) or only the first rank (so 5x D3)

3. Next question is about hail of doom arrow and ralied units. When you rally this turn you are not allowed to shoot. But my opponent thought that the hail of doom arrow as an enchanted item is not a real shooting attack, but the rules say you can use it instead of a shooting attack. My reasoning was, if you are not entitled to a shooting attack, you can not use something that has to be used "instead of"

thx

2. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

1. The UNIT gets Vanguard. The combo-unit has been deployed as one unit. So yes. Doesn't really matter if it's just a unit of Cowboys even. As long as they're a unit.
    2. I haven't faced them yet, but I'd interpret it to being each model. The Great Stag has that rule, yes?
    3. That's silly. Arrows are shot from bows, regardless of what kind of arrows they are. It's a shooting attack.

borkbork likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

#1 - agreed
    #2 - Wild Riders do not have impact hits. I think the confusion is coming from the Great Stag entry on the same page. The Great Stag has impact hits, but it is a mount choice for heroes/lords, Wild Riders have Steeds of Kurnous as mounts, which do not benefit the impact hits special rule.
    #3- agreed

Qupakoco likes this.
  4. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

Wildriders do NOT have impact hits!

"Great stags" have impact hits
    Wild riders ride Steeds Kurnous, which dont!

Ninja'd by @NIGHTBRINGER ....you little rascal!

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

;)

6. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

Thanks everybody,

There was a third guy sitting next to our game and he told us about the impact hits, and pointed it out on in the book. But he must have pointed at the wrong entry. Now that you guys mention it i remember that when reading the woodelf book I also found it a bit confusing that those two entries were on the same page, but forgot that it was the wildriders and stag. My wood elf opponent is not too strong on the rules though and he is a rather new player so he is still strugling remembering all the special rules and he relies too much on people giving "advise". Third guy deserves a slap in the face with the big rulebook though ;)

Btw, it did not impact the game at all though, as he was charging a unit of skink skirmishers that would be dead anyway.