1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Taking 8th Edition Questions

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Xlcontiqu, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

You could also take 3 lvl1 priests. Then cast the spell of choice and hope to blow up the priest amidst enemy units.

2. MI_Tiger
    Temple Guard

MI_Tiger Member

If a wizard rolls two 6's, the spell is cast with Irresistable Force and Loss of Control. Which effect happens first? Does the spell take effect before the "miscast" is resolved?

3. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

The spell goes off first. Then you roll on the loss of control chart.

4. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

Here is a 'rules lawyering' question brought up by a friend of mine due to the new rules.

In the new rulebook there is a Special Rules section that has the following:

Extra Attack - Grants +1 attack
    Frenzy - ... Grants Extra Attack ... amongst other things.

In the Weapons section it stats that:

Two Additional Hand Weapons (Models on Foot Only) - ... Grants Extra Attack ...

Now picture a Model with Frenzy and an Additional Hand Weapon. Khorne Chaos Warriors for example...

They get the Extra Attack Special rule twice!

At the start of the Special rules section this is clarified by the line that says:

"Unless otherwise noted the effects of multiple Special rules are cummulative"

Great so its pretty clear that +1A +1A will be +2A for that Chaos Warrior of Khorne with his Additional Hand Weapon!

Whats the point you say?

What if you could get Hatred twice? Or even Armor Piercing twice? and no It does not say in these special rules that they are not cummulative.

Anyway... I just found it odd. I know that in a common sense world the +1A would stack and the other rules wouldn't stack ... but just I wanted to hear your opinions?

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Hmm yeah sure fair enough. However, are there any combos out there that could potentially give hatred or AP twice? All items you can only take 1 of, I'm fairly sure that the odd spell etc. that gives hatred either has rules (eternal hatred, the old Skaven death frenzy etc) for it applying twice or stipulates that it doesn't effect models that already have it.

6. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

How about a Razor Standard - Armor Piercing and someone inside the unit that has that banner with a Pistol which also grants Armor Piercing?

7. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

A simple -2 AS then? It's not uncommon to have, not even in 7th.

Double hatred probably doesn't work, as you can't re-roll a re-rolled dice.

Cheers!

8. strewart
    OldBlood

Yeah I agree with hellbreaker on that one. Could be a nice combo.

9. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

why do we need -2 AS when atacks are armour piercing? that is no armor saves?

10. strewart
    OldBlood

No armour piercing is -1 armour save, not ignore armour save.

11. Cravenus
    Cold One

Cravenus New Member

the only times you can have multiple copies of the same spell in a list are with the signature spells(specifically any spell you toss another spell for so you'd be able to do the dreaded 13th multiple times) and any time you don't have a choice over which spells you take, such as slanns all 1 lore.

in effect you can field 2 slann with heavens, tetto'ekko, and 3 lvl 2 mages and have heavens 4 times, in a big enough game.

12. kugruk
    Skink

kugruk New Member

You could push so many units right off the table with that much heavens magic :p, and so many comets o_O and too bad units cant be hit by chain lightening more than once per phase =/

13. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

A new question.. does shooting distance always measure from the front rank, even with skirmishers? So if the front rank of skirmishers is in close range, then all of them are considering in range?

14. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

I believe it is still a model to model basis.

15. Cravenus
    Cold One

Cravenus New Member

Im pretty sure you're limited to 1 copy of each remains in play spell on the field at eny time. but i dont have the book on me atm, so il have to check tomorrow. ill repost and correct myself when i can.

16. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

There can only be one copy of any spell per side. For example, only one Wizard can have Chain Lightning.

17. strewart
    OldBlood

I don't think so.. tetto and the lvl 2's need to roll for their spells, so they can't all use heavens or at least can't roll up the same spell. You could give them one spell each, and 2 of them could have two spells (not counting the basic one which all can have) but thats it.

If you have a Slann that knows all spells, he bought that thus it doesn't count toward the spells for the army. So you can have a Slann with all the heavens spells, and a priest with any heavens spells he rolls. When you buy a second priest, he cannot have the same spells as the first priest but he can also take heavens.

18. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

Unless if the special was not generated randomly. The Slann know an entire Heavens lore for example allows you to roll up those spells randomly on a Skink Priest and thus have more than 1 copy of a particular spell.

Edit: Beaten by Strewart above! =)

19. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Can a unit have multiple buffs cast on it? Say Slann increases toughness on a skrox unit and then a skink priest casts harmonic convergence at them?

Can a caster have more than one remain in play spell active, so long as they aren't the same spell?

20. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

I can find no where that says this is not the case. In fact there is a little note that says, bonuses and penalties from Hex, Augment and other spells are cumulative.

Yes. There is nothing that suggests otherwise.

Does this mean you could cast the Signature Heavens Hex Spell - Iceshard Blizzard twice on the same unit if you have a Slann that knows it (knowing all spells in a lore) and a Skink priest? What would be the effects of having it twice? -2 to hit in both shooting and combat and -2 to leader ship etc.. ?

Or is there something I have missed and you can't stack the same Augment/Hex spells in the same target?