1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Starting Seraphon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Spiderpenny, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Spiderpenny
    Jungle Swarm

Spiderpenny New Member

Hello fellow gecko enthusiasts!

I haven't really played much AoS but wanna start and upon reading the rules and seeing the models have decided that magical lizards are the way to go. I have seen/heard a few different options from 2 start collecting to a few others but wanted some more help. Any feedback would be appreciated and please if you can share with your friends so I can (hopefully) get their input as well.

Thanks!

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. Lachlin
    Cold One

Lachlin Well-Known Member

Get at least one starter box. Right now it's the only way to get a carnasaur. They look sold out (the individual carnesaurs i mean).

Bowser, Spiderpenny and Crowsfoot like this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Getting 2 SC boxes gives you a good amount of core troops, 2 carnys or a Carny and Trog.

Bowser and Spiderpenny like this.
  4. Spiderpenny
    Jungle Swarm

Spiderpenny New Member

Thank you very much! Where would you say to go after? Slann & Engine? Ripperdactals? Starseer? My local roughly play around 1,000 points

Bowser likes this.
  5. Spiderpenny
    Jungle Swarm

Spiderpenny New Member

Thanks bro!

Bowser likes this.
  6. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

DeadlyRecluse Well-Known Member

It also doesn't really make sense to buyv the carno on its own considering he's the same price by himself as he is in the SC, where you also get all the knights as well as the warriors

Bowser likes this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Honestly I would get 2 start collecting boxes to start. Make one of the Knights into a scar-vet on cold one using bits from the carno and other things to make it stand out. Then take the oracle from the trog and make a starpriest. Second box make the trog and an oldblood on foot.
    Next you want Bastiladon or 2 and some chameleon skinks. Then rippers or terradons. Then salamander or razordons. Some regular skinks will be helpful. Then a sunblood. Slann and engine should be last on your list. If you are looking for something a bit more cheesy go for the collegiate arcane celestial hurricanum with battlemage and a couple of battlemages for support. If you want to keep things lizardy, There is a thread on here where someone is converting an engine to a hurricanum and another where someone is modding the oracle into an assassin. Stegadon to hurricanum conversion would give you a chief that you could convert to a battlemage, just make sure your opponent knows the difference between battlemage and starpriest.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    ljwylde and Lachlin like this.