1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age Sneak Peak #6 - ask us anything

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Pinktaco, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

No the RT suddenly felt it was too comp-ish. I Had not noticed until today, but the committee actually have put in a few restrictions so it's slightly like before :p

Also yeah it's fantastic that we now have 10 working disciplines and while the price on maybe one or two haven't been finalized the disciplines have been given the thumbs up.
    Also be aware that the alternate way of thinking actually allow you to have 5 spells from the same path. You can now also buy an Arcane item that grants you +1 spell for a total or 6 spells ;)

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  2. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

These are some nice looking disciplines. Basically we could take a lvl 4,5 with extra's :).

Pinktaco likes this.
  3. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

Looks good, cant wait to try out 9th Age :)

Pinktaco likes this.
  4. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Minor sneak peak:
    The Committee weren't allowed to include two stegadons (streamlining/merging similar units), so they did something else. The base price is 160pts and from here you can upgrade into blow pipes, sharpened horns, engine and Ancient Triceratop. The ancient upgrade grant +1S and +1W for a total of S6 and 6W.

So cheap stegadons for everyone with all kinds up upgrades. Also the engine is quite useful now ;)

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  5. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Also latest change to blowpipes makes it into a volleyggun with 2D6 shots, no penalty for multiple shots and quick to fire. Fewer shots than before, but actually usable now.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I hadn't thought of that. That is virtually (6/7) loremaster! Not too shabby.

Do you know if the other army books are still on track to be released on time? Is it just ours that is delayed?

7. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Indeed it is. With the right disciplines you can cast as a lvl 5 and have all spells except signature. You can also get Veteran of the chaos wars AND have the +1 spell arcane item. This way you're basically guaranteed any spell you want from a specific lore and still have your two decent spells from the discipline :D

I actually have no idea. I was told that some armies haven't been able to keep up with the deadline and thus it's affective us all. I'll just copy/paste what I also wrote on T9A:

Since I want to be transparent about this I'll tell you the following:
    • One week ago the RT forced various changes upon the Committee. These have been dealt with, but are yet to be approved by the RT.
    • Yesterday a member of the RT proposed a bunch of new changes. These still need fixing.
    • To make things go faster we've created a post on the internal forum where the committee and RT can vote on many of the remaining issues. So far the no response from any of the RT members, but I'm confident they'll show up.
    The RT members are currently extremely stressed. I spoke directly to one of the members yesterday and the schedule is messed up because some Committees haven't been able to keep up with the schedule. So that also indirectly affect our book.

The Committee actually thought the book was close to be finished over a week ago. That was because 2 RT members had reviewed the book and given the thumbs up. Following that other RT members have proposed all kinds of changes.

Will the book be finished for tomorrow? Perhaps, but that's entirely up to the RT. The committee have been very keen to address issues as they popped up, but of the RT is too busy to respond so the committee basically have their hands tied.

The committee also don't want to release a pre-beta book because of various important issues.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  8. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Wait... I misunderstood the changes to the giant blowpipes. It is each blowpipes that fire 2D6 shots as a volley gun. So that's 4D6 (I thought it was 2D6 in total). No penalty to movement nor from multiple shots due to the Volley Gun rules and Quick to Fire. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

9. skink chief
    Kroxigor

skink chief Active Member

Wooooot 4 stegasaurusssessss lists incoming! :D

10. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

i like these disciplines!
    Personally i'm not sold on the you-can't-cambinate-these-things approach but i understand that some combos could be OP.
    Also good news regarding the steg: i can't wait to see how will EotG work!

11. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I believe the RT are doing their final review of the book. They're removing comments as they go through them. Not much communication from them, but I can follow their actions in the google document. :)

12. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

Does that mean it might be done tomorrow?

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That's the big question. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product. The disciplines they created are very encouraging.

14. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

3 RT members are going through the book as of right now so I'd say there's a chance we get the book tomorrow. Be warned though that they're changing a lot xD

We basically have the worst magic weapon in the game now. AP1 with multiple wound 2 at 45pts

15. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, right now it seems like we got pushed to the back of the line. The changes are very sudden, probably due to the fact that they need to rush this now.
    It's a shame, but perhaps we'll get a decent result after all. Just be warned. ...

16. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I'm not allowed to give you guys the draft yet. The committee is being stubborn as hell haha. So instead I'll give you the chance to ask me anything and I'll answer as good as I can. The Sauric Ace is btw also an army support so you can ask him as well.

17. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

Will I have to make one of my carnos a carno-rex, or will only the small ones be viable?

18. arnau_27396
    Skink

arnau_27396 New Member

I would like to know how are rippers and the sacreds spawnings.

19. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I'll answer it like this:
    T-Rex: WS4| S7|T6|6W|I3|A6 with multiple wounds D3 and 3+ scaly skin. When it charges flying units or larget targets it gains +2M (Apex Predator). There's also the item granting any attacks -1 To Hot and 2+ ward vs flaming attacks. The Tyrannosaurus basically stayed the same to my knowledge. It's up to you to determine if it's worth it :D

Rippers are like 8th edition with -1A ("only" D3 frenzy and not D3+1). They don't generate 1 frog, but instead 2 frogs now, but cannot put more than that on the board (this makes single unit of rippers viable, but makes flying circus harder). They can upgrade to shield at +5pts and gain 3+ armour save and have gained +1I on the mounts.

There are currently the following spawnings:

Spawning of the Croxisaurus God: 1 pt / model
    All models with this spawning gain the Strider (Water, Forest) Special Rule and +1 Initiative.

Spawning of the Triceratops God: 2 pts / model
    All models with this Spawning gain a Innate Defence (4+) and cannot pursue or overrun.

Spawning of the Tyrannosaurus God: 1 pt / model
    All models with this Spawning have the fight in extra rank special rule.

Spawning of the Pteranodon God: 1 pt / model
    All models with this Spawning gain the Vanguard special rule.

Truthfully the committe had other spawnings planned as well, but they got scrapped even though they were quite nifty :(

Scaly skin have been reworded to "innate Defence" for whatever weird reason.

Mr Phat likes this.
  20. arnau_27396
    Skink

arnau_27396 New Member

Wow it looks amazing. The cost of saurus will still be 11 points, or to make spawnings attractive their cost may have been reduced?
    Innate defence is scaly skin?
    How about the EoG and the bastilodon have been changed?
    We love you pinktaco!

Pinktaco likes this.