1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Slann dispell and dread saurian

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Kurdelski, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Kurdelski
    Jungle Swarm

Kurdelski New Member

Hi I got two questions the first is that in the new generals handbook it says a slann can dispelled from anywhere on the battlefield does this mean they don't need line of sight to dispel. My second question is with the dread saurians roar ability it says when enemy units take battle shock will within 12" of a dread saurian their bravery is at -2. One of my friends says this just means a -2 modifier while me and another friend think it means their bravery stat is set to -2.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

First one: no one knows and will surely be FAQ'd soon, I would say you'd still need line of sight at the moment though.

Second one: it's a -2 to bravery so bravery 8 becomes 6

Ecozh, Crowsfoot and m0gstar like this.
  3. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Where does it say that our Slanns can dispell from anywhere in the map ? I 've read about it in the forum, but haven't found it so far. Is this true by default now ?
    I also read something about re - rolling 1 ? But again haven't read about it anywhere ?

I am blind. Found the whole map thingie. I also found that doubles give +6". I guess that's that, just remembered things in a wrong way haha

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  4. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

I agree that Los to the caster is still needed. To point #2 LordRibbit is exactly correct. It is a modifier to their original Bravery statistic

5. Kurdelski
    Jungle Swarm

Kurdelski New Member

Thanks for the advise I'll play it as line of sight till a FAQ about it comes out. And the dread Syrian thing did seem really powerful just got confused as it said "is at -2 " where every other rule for modifying battle shock is it either says add - to the dice or subtract x amount from their bravery

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah the wording is weird on that one... still pretty sure it is a modifier of -2

Crowsfoot likes this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Stick the Slann on a Balewind for added vision.

Aginor likes this.
  8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Defo -2 to the original bravery