1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon playing on top tables of South Coast GT

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Jason839, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for the Seraphon allegiance, the order traits aren't that strong on the Seraphon to be honest ^^; Maybe they will put out something with the Azir book that will come out in a bit?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

@darren watson Before anytjing let me congratulate you for playing like a boss! I would have never tought of taking a list like this to a tournament and would not have scored as high as you did! So NICE JOB!

Having said that! You have given us a great opportunity to put seraphon on the spotlight again and show GW that there are still a lot of fans for the Seraphon. Now people are talking again about seraphon including warhammer TV.

I propose we capitalize un this to put some presure on GW on releasing a new seraphon Battletome. I thing we can do this if everybody here commits to start flooding the AoS facebook page and we send an email to warhammer TV asking for it!

@The Red Devil

Whet do you guys think?

Wazz, Bowser and Aginor like this.
  3. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

@darren watson diu you double the range of the spells after adding the astrolith bearer bonus or before adding it?

Bowser likes this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I think using rules as written both variants may be allowed.

Bowser likes this.
  5. darren watson
    Kroxigor

darren watson Well-Known Member

For my first 3 games I played it like this. (3d6 x 2) + 8.
    Russ 'the face' and lead tournament judge was watching my game and after said I was doing it wrongly. Said it's (3d6 +8)x 2 as because it's my turn in get to choose the order things are done.
    Official warhammer community judge dude was there and he said the same thing.
    So my army became even better ☺

Tokek, Aginor and Bowser like this.
  6. darren watson
    Kroxigor

Cheers pal, much appreciated!
    That was actually my aim and reason I took a toned down all Seraphon list, to raise awareness.
    I think it's worked ☺

I have just played Dan Heelan from Heelanhammer and won against his Gnarl Wood list (lost 10 skinks). He's part of the people who get to play test stuff and although he can't tell me anything, I think Seraphon are due a decent shake up in the general's hand book 2

Wazz, Seraphage, Tokek and 4 others like this.
  7. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Awesome news! Has he given you any hints about when would the Generals Handbook II will be released?

Bowser likes this.
  8. darren watson
    Kroxigor

Sadly no. The sooner the better!

9. Tokek
    Chameleon Skink

Tokek Well-Known Member

I like your style sir!

Did he get you on the podcast? I will really look forward to it if he did.

Bowser likes this.
  10. darren watson
    Kroxigor

No lol just at the local club in Waterlooville. I have recently quit my job where I used to work until 8-9 with the aim of getting more hobby in as I currently get to play once or twice a month looking forward to being able to practice a great deal more and do more events

11. Mark Sinosich
    Cold One

Mark Sinosich Active Member

@darren watson Did you play with any new rules from the GHB v2 or was it only points adjustments?

Bowser likes this.
  12. darren watson
    Kroxigor

Just the point adjustments

From various rumours etc I think the gh2 will have unique command abilities and artifacts for each race (Fyreslayers, Seraphon etc) to reward players that go with fluff lists to make them more viable and some new scenarios with some more thought gone into them

I hope it comes out asap

Bowser, Tokek and Seraphage like this.
  13. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Woohoo ! Looking forward to it so much !:D:D:D

Bowser likes this.
  14. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Oh man that would be so awesome.

Bowser likes this.
  15. Mark Sinosich
    Cold One

Mark Sinosich Active Member

I hope ghb v2 comes out with those things. Looking forward to it.

Bowser likes this.
  16. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

I was ay my clubs game night on Wednesday and there was some big discussions about your opponent knocking over the realm gate in the shooting phase and moving his models so they were in range, did that actually happen? If so you were screwed over man! A lot of my club mates watched your game and were fuming

Bowser and noaizumi like this.
  17. darren watson
    Kroxigor

Well I don't really know what to say. I've watched it back and remember at the time he was in range of the vortex but not kroak. Which I point out, then table is knocked, realm gate is moved, stormfiends are nudged. Judge is called (not by me) and of course they are now in range and i look/feel like a bit of an idiot. Didn't know how to act as I was on telly and didn't want to cause a fuss or make the hobby look bad. My aim was to get a Seraphon list on tv after all ☺

But when I got home my friends showed me the game again on twitch and he was nudging my rippers out if 3" of his sky fires who I was intentionally trying to block. Watch from 1 : 21 onwards. I even pointed out they were no longer in range and asked why. I haven't touched them if they are out they are out was his response. . He had touched them loads. .

It's on Twitter now as well and he even blames my movement, I was tempted to reply but thought better of it, he looks worse after all.

Such a shame, I'd of beaten the guy with 27 sky fires easily in the final as I'd of killed his shamans and he wouldn't of been able to score because of the scenario.

I'm basically counting the SCGT as a win for Seraphon!

18. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

So you should, it pissed a lot of people off! If your opponent has to cheat to win then you know you have the moral victory and with it being on tv at least he'll have a bad reputation for a long while. Are you going to the GT heats at all? Think I'm the only Seraphon player qualified so far so could do with some help lol

Seraphage and Bowser like this.
  19. darren watson
    Kroxigor

I qualified in heat 1 with a slyvanteth army (I'm relatively new to aos tournament scene so didn't know what to expect and the Internet tells you Seraphon are bad..so wanted to make sure I qualified and took a boring 18 hunter list).

After that experience and expecting loads of sky fires and cunning Rukk's I came up with my Kroak list, sadly only had 2 weeks I could get painting done, so no bastiladon.

I'm going to heat 3 for fun and have a few experimental lists I'll be trying soon to beef up my list (the Saurus Guard, eternity warden aren't needed and the rippers can go down to 6, the threat of them is enough to control how your opponent deploys, except against slyvanteth)

Happily throw some thoughts and ideas around with you mate

Seraphage and Bowser like this.
  20. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

This is my list that I came 17th with in the first heat:
    Shadowstrike starhost (120)
    Skink priest (100)
    3 x Rippers (140)
    5 x chameleon skinks (120)
    5 x chameleon skinks (120)

Eternity starhost (80)
    3 x 10 guard (600)
    Eternity warden (140) Phoenix Stone

Old Blood on Carnosaur (320) Quicksilver potion
    Starseer (160)
    Scar Vet on Cold One (100) General, relic blade, legendary fighter

Did pretty well but was lucky not to come across mortal wound heavy armies, think it will be much more challenging in the final but with the GH2 coming out should hopefully even things up

Bowser likes this.