1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scum and Villany on the Road

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SaurusWarrior, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

I do not wish to sound bloodthirsty, but my suspicions about the murderers fall on those who have declined to make accusations and rather elect the path of inaction, namely Hellbreaker and Xlcontiqu. For if we do not execute a murderer tonight, we are in a very bad way but the murderers are in the pink.

2. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

Striding back into the centre of camp, Sir Zantos picks up his sword from the ground

"I may not like the idea of executing innocennt people, but i like the idea of dying even less"

"Bloodthirsty it may be, but the murderer needs to die"

3. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

Hey guys, things are bit hectic here. I have to delay the turn of the Day for a few days. I will not be online, but I will pick this up again soon.

Sorry guys.

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Well, for the sake of actually taking action, I have narrowed my list of suspects to 4 possible, with two more likely than the other two which I think gives me about a 60% chance of picking a murderer. Tis very difficult to notice anything from just a day on the road, tomorrow will be much clearer, so at the moment I cannot even say for sure which man I think the following killed. And I do hope I am not wrong in my accusation, but we shall see.

Sir Zantos, you interacted most with the two deceased, you have mentioned stringing bows and killing, you have thrust your sword into the ground before us, of the two I suspect most I have randomly chosen you. I also think you most likely to kill again based on the goings on of today, thus I think you should be stopped.
    To my fellow travellers, I can provide no solid proof just the keen eye of a wise man and a gut feeling. I do not ask anyone to side with me, just that you weigh up the choices and decide for yourselves. If most of you do agree with me, I pray that we are right.

Vote: Sir Zantos.

Fellow explorers, if I die this night with an arrow in my back cast your eyes to Xlcontiqu.

OOC: Just to let SaurusWarrior and everyone in the game know, I am going to be away for just over a week starting from basically now, interstate for uni games, so I won't be here at all. Thats part of the reason I decided I should act straight away, because I will miss most of 'tomorrow', if not all. Will be back saturday week my time. Good luck to those still playing!

5. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

I thank you for openess, sir. I feel i may have unfortuantely been a victim of circumstance, however if the group feels it is my head to go on the block then there would be no point in resisting. So be it, for it is no different than what i myself would be recomending.

Myself i feel that Xlcontiqu is untrustworthy. As previosuly discussed he has knowledge of ropes and nooses and has avoided camp for some of the day, and therefore avoided accusations. Today he has again set off into the woods to hunt and kill, maybe tonight he will kill again.

I agree with Strewart, it is difficult to provide real evidence off one days travel, especially when there appear to be two killers within our midst. However i cast my vote accordingly

Vote : Xlcontiqu

6. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

As I have said, I suspect Xlcontiqu and Hellbreaker... seeing as Sir Zantos has already voted for Xlcontiqu, I will lend him the support of my vote.

Vote: Xlcontiqu

7. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

Rather than be quiet and end up with a knife in my throat, I have decided to make a decision. As I said before, I do believe that many snares have ropes used somewhere or other, so I will vote accordingly.

Vote:Xlcontiqu

8. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

I feel that many of you are very quick to blame me, even though others have been much more suspicious. But if the group feels it fit to remove me, than I will gladly go. I am not the only one skilled with rope, and I used all of mine making snares the other day. However, it seems Sir Zantos is quick to lay the blame on another, even though he is as guilty as using a knife or rope as I.

Vote: Sir Zantos.

9. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

Hey everyone, tomorrow I'll be starting the next Day. So post while you can!

10. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

OOC: Revered Guardian hasn't posted for two and a half weeks, and his profile says he hasn't been online since September 16th... so I don't think we're going to get a vote out of him...

11. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

(OOC: Sorry for being in-active for a bit, I don't have the best memory. I forget things easily, and procrastinate too much.)

"Still, Xlcontiqu, you're the only one to have set up snares. I have no reason to suspect you other than that, so no hard feelings.
    However, I will have to vote. I can't stay passive.

I'm sorry son, but I'll have to vote for you."

12. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

Ok, the day is up!

After careful deliberations, Xlcontiqu was marked for death. After searching his body prior to execution, they found a small tatoo showing he was a member of an assassain's guild. With fury, he was dragged outside, kicking and screaming, to his death. As night falls, the remaining members of the group celebrate their victory. And as night falls, the camp falls asleep.

The next day, everyone is relieved to find that no one has died in the night and continue their march through the forest.

hellbreaker
    strewart
    novatomato- assassainated Day Two
    Xlcontiqu- executed Day Three
    Dreadgrass- assassainated Day Two
    Reverend_Guardian
    Eternity_Warden
    Larinus
    Sir Zantos

I hope to have these internet problems done with, and so will start the next day on next Sunday in the USA.

13. strewart
    OldBlood

OOC: Hey lads, I am back from a week of volleyball on the beach and drinking every night. Last night I got more sleep than the entire last week, what a blast!

So looks like no one chose to agree with me, but the right choice was made. Great work travellers! Now we must find one more assassin, who is obviously scared as he did not strike last night.

14. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

Hey, everyone, the games is good to play now. Please start posting!

15. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Well, I still suspect Hellbreaker as the second murderer amongst us, since "yesterday" he waited to vote until after there was already a majority against Xlcontiqu and thus he had nothing to lose by ratting out his accomplice. Now that he is the only killer left he will try as hard as possible to blend in with the rest of us.

16. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

"Thank you very much, Warden. But I only voted for the sake of securing a majority, and because he was the only one I knew of who had set up snares.
    Obviously it was a good move though, even if I never got to ask him about the trees.
    Now, if voting for that sake is something you consider wrong I could always vote for some completely random person, without evidence or even an argument. Would that be a good for you?"

He raised his arm as if to scratch his head, but then quickly put it down and turned around.
    "You know, warden, it's at times like these when I'm hopelessly accused of murder without real proof that I wish I'd have listened to my mother before I left Betelgeuse to catalogue these lands." He then walked off obviously thinking through the past few days.

17. strewart
    OldBlood

I'll not cast a vote yet, but Sir Zantos had my suspicion yesterday along with Xlontiqu. Obviously the second choice was correct, I see no further reason not to suspect Zantos anymore. Anyone else have any ideas? The killer did not strike last night so we don't have any new evidence to go on...

18. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

Well to get the assassin we need to think like the assassin. Why didn't he attack last night? Well, as he didn't attack, we have nothing new to go on. So we are likely to suspect the people we were suspecting yesterday. If I was an assassin and I wasn't being suspected, then why give other people any more evidence than they have.

For that reason I am not inclined to suspect Sir Zantos or Hellbreaker, both of whom were possible assassins yesterday. For that reason alone, I am having my suspicions about the seemingly innocent ones; Strewart, Eternity Warden, Reverend Guardian, and, I suppose I fall into that category as well.

These are only my thoughts and opinions however, I could very easily be wrong.

19. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

You bring forward an interesting theory, but I still think it more likely that the assassin's reason for not killing anyone was that he was being accused yesterday and did not want to risk cementing everyone's suspicions by killing one of the people accusing him.

Of course, if we are thinking like the assassin (for this example, let us assume it is Hellbreaker), it would have been smarter to assassinate someone who accused Sir Zantos in order to make everyone think that Sir Zantos was the assassin and had killed the person who accused him.

20. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

Since their seems to be a lack of participation, I€'ll extend the deadline to Wensday. Please, everyone, get your votes in!