1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scum and Villainy on the high seas!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by strewart, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Ah it is because I do not suspect you or Dreadgrass, so by process of elimination it is one of them... :pompus:

2. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

*sigh*

very well then. Night will fall soon, and we have yet to reach a decision...

I am sorry crimsontide, but I believe that you may very well be the assassin. Voting for yourself at this time is like suicide, an I'm sure you were aware of that. The only way I can see it being a reasonable choice is if you were the assassin, you would vote for yourself in order to make yourself look to innocent and not wanting to kill off others, even as you kill during the night.

Therefore.

Vote crimsontide

3. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

This is pretty much what I was thinking as well.

Vote: Crimsontide

4. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

"Aye lad, I canna' think why you'd vote for yourself when there was already a vote against you anyway. It's not needed for the majority but to make it unanimous..."

VOTE: CRIMSONTIDE

5. crimsontide
    Skink

crimsontide New Member

Sigh, I was wondering if you guys would think that or not.. O well I guess the assassin should live another day. When I'm gone and you have to lynch another look over what I have presented as evidence. You may be able to make it more coherent then I could. I guess it is goodbyes then people! I'm most suspicious of Revered_Guardian if that helps anybody... Goodbye guys. Have a nice trip... I hope the rest of you can make it safely!

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

So 5 people remain here! In an unprecedented majority where even the main accused voted for himself we have 100% of votes on one person! Crimsontide shall be sentenced to death.

The ship edges closer to Lustria, but as crimsontide is killed no signs of suspicion are found on him. It looks like the crew has executed the wrong person and killed an innocent!

Suspicions are confirmed when the body of dreadgrass is found on deck. The ship sails on like a ghost ship, the voyage to Lustria clearly ruined. Only one or two people will reach the shores alive, and the remaining 3 people knew this day was their last chance to ensure they were one of them.

Lizardninja, Eternity_Warden, Revered_Guardian. You are the last 3 alive on the ship. One of you is an assassin who has carved his way through most of the crew. The other two are innocents. It comes down to this last vote. Who do you suspect? If you pick the assassin, the innocents shall survive to reach Lustria, just. If you pick an innocent, the assassin will strike the last of you down in your sleep. This really is as close as a game of Scum and Villainy can ever get, it is 50/50 for each of you. Good luck!

Limit will be when the last vote is cast, you should be able to do that in the next day or two. ;) Think carefully, discuss it among yourselves.

7. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

He was in shock.

"What the...what the hell was the lad thinking? Was he out of his mind? I was sure...sure it was him...there was absolutely no doubt in my mind...."

He looked up, eyeing the other two. Both of them on opposite sides of him...one of them was a cold killer...and they could easily attack and kill both him, and the other innocent in seconds...yet they waited..always watching, always awaiting the perfect chance...

No. This must end. Today.

Now there was eternity warden, who seemed to hold of voting in a lot of cases until solid evidence was confirmed. A smart man...or was it just a ploy? Perhaps he was an assassin that simply jumped on the bandwagon to kill off an innocent....suspicious, or just thoughtful?

Then there was lizard. This one was actively searching to lynch people since the beginning. Though of course this was probably to kill off the assassins quickly, there was still the possibility he was trying to antagonize the others into lynching off some of their own....

And then there was him....

This wasn't going to be easy...it all came down to this vote. If he missed the assassin...he would die.

8. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

Crimsontide before he died said that he thought you were the assassin eternity warden and that is as good a lead as anything we are going to get I vote

Vote: Eternity Warden

9. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Regretfully, I must agree. Eternity warden, I believe you are the assassin.

Therefore I shall add my vote to lizardninjas. Thank you crimsontide for this last small clue....

Vote: eternity warden.

10. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Well, it seems the majority is against me. There's just one small problem. I'm not the assassin!

Lizardninja, you tell us this:

yet crimsontide actually said this with his dying breath:

I cannot tell if you are deliberately misquoting him to make up evidence against me, but to set the record straight it was Revered Guardian who crimsontide suspected.

Now, what I think is that lizardninja read crimsontides last words and confused "eternity warden" with "revered guardian" in an honest mistake. It's happened before. Plus, if lizardninja was the assassin and did indeed know he was lying about the names, why would he bother to accuse me rather than the person who crimsontide actually suspected, which would gain my support. The assassin would not care which of us he killed.

What proves Revered Guardian is the assassin is that he jumped on the bandwagon against me that lizardninja started and never mentioned that the whole thing had no base in truth, just because he wanted to save his own skin from suspicion as the one crimsontide accused. I only hope that lizardninja reads this in time to change his vote before I am wrongly executed. :jawdrop:

Vote: REVERED GUARDIAN!!!!!!!!

11. strewart
    OldBlood

It looks like he did not. All 3 votes are in, the majority is on Eternity_Warden. Whether by mistake or intention, he is executed by the crew.

This leaves Revered_Guardian as the sole remaining assassin, who has marked lizardninja for death and stabs him in the back even as the body of Eternity_Warden is still cooling. The journey to Lustria is a failure, the deserted ship hits the shores with no one aboard except an assassin, Revered_Guardian.

Congratulations on your win! It was mighty close in the end. I will admit the marking systems I chose for the two assassins were very very hard to spot, I did this intentionally because people are scouring every post so damn closely, I wanted it to be difficult and once again come down to logic and interpreting what people say in their posts rather than spotting the pattern.I felt that this game didn't go quite as well as the last one, anyone who participated have any ideas why that might be? I am honestly at a loss. As usual at the end of the game, I throw it out to everyone who participated to give feedback and likes/dislikes!

And thanks all for playing, you guys definitely make the game and it is certainly a fun game which could become an integral community part of this board.

12. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

I instantly felt addressed! :p

As to the game; it's tough. Sometimes you cannot develop things anymore. At least not in parts.
    Let's take the bicycle as an example. It's always the same concept, and only the materials are different.
    Of course, that is development in a way. But it's always the story of harder, better, faster, stronger.
    Taking that wise story (*Ahem...*) to the game:

IMO: Don't change anything.
    Let it run for another game and then see how it works out. I think our last games we felt we HAD to change something, but i don't feel like that in this stage.
    Let's see what the next location/destination is and let it set the stage. Maybe it will work out, with the same system.

Anybody with me?

Anybody?

The Hunted

13. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

What The Hunted said.

I felt the game was great, so I think a few more practice games are definitely necessary before you go changing things.

14. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Phew, thought I was a goner....

Xlonticu helped out alot in killing you guys, too bad he had to go and get himself caught ;)

15. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Argh, I was right but I was too late. Oh well... :rolleyes:
    Once again proving the importance of reading carefully.

You win this time Revered Guardian. :p

As to the game system, I don't think anything needs to be changed.

16. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

I disliked that The Hunted got First blood on me! :D

But I can only say that I had a blast reading, even if I didn't participate. In other words, I personally don't believe it needs any changes.

Cheers!

17. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

Firstly, YA DAFT GITS! I TOLD YE I WEREN'T NO KILLER! lol!

I must admit, I wasn't too keen on the forced voting, I felt in dragged out the game towards the end rather than helped, and it seemed to lead to a lot more "bandwagon" kills. There was also a few instances where the story stagnated a bit, and was reduced to almost "voting sessions". Personally, I think we need something to encourage dialogue/ general participation to both help hide the Assassins marks, and help the story flow along. I know I attracted votes on a few occasions for the soul reason I was trying to act in character and get people talking!

18. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

Sorry eternity warden that was a mistake I didn't read it properly sorry about that

and the hunted i'm with you just leave it pike it was and play another game

19. strewart
    OldBlood

I agree that I want to see a lot more general chatter, and I really like the fact that several people attracted votes simply from rollplaying. That is exactly what I want to see cause suspicion among you.

Forced voting did feel a little forced at times.. But remember it still needed a majority to actually kill someone. People didn't have to make a majority if they didn't want to. The main thing I liked about it was it made it much easier for me to track people's activities, it is easy for me to scroll through and quickly record who voted for who then be able to see who has posted and who hasn't. Rather than scrolling through searching for everyone individually...
    Inactive people was a bit of a problem this game. We lost the medic that way.

One part of the game I realised doesn't work is the assassins giving someone two votes for a day, so quietly scrapped it toward the end. They couldn't choose themselves, so essentially anyone who got 2 votes was guaranteed not to be an assassin. Luckily no one seemed to notice that.

20. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Or people realised it, and were to dead to say something? D:

I did really enjoy this game (er... reading this game) and i don't think much needs changing. Besides the already mentioned "MOAR DIALOGUE!?!??!!!?!" things.

Also, who kill me? It was 2 times in a row i've died firstgo >_>