1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Rod of the storm

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Arklite, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Arklite
    Skink

Arklite New Member

i've been flicking through the lizardmen magic item selection and i recently came across the rod of the storm. what do people think of this bound item? a fairly strong magic missile attack with a flame cannon style panic causing button, i can see some potential but i'd like to know what people think. :p

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

I think it's a case of a similar situation to items like the blooded statue of spite. It's a great item in theory, the trouble just comes with fitting it in. With 'essentials' like the diadem of power and the humble dispel scroll taking up magic item allowances, a one use only bound item can make people feel out of their comfort zone. :)

3. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

the magic question is if anyone actually has had the kohonas to try. Every time ive sat down with the army book ive had visions of shooting a unit with a 4+ save so that its str 4 and watching them flee in terror as I laugh maliciously (with dramatic lighting of course). But somehow I never think it would end that way. My whole problem is that your 35 pt item will probably be dispelled by a 25 pt scroll, and if you wait for all the scrolls to be burnt you will miss most of the opportunities.

4. Bleyden
    Skink

Bleyden New Member

I have never used it. I probably will never use it. "One use only" is latin for "useless"

If it wasnt one use only I would take it. Its just the fact that everyone has bound spells but ours are one use only, its probably the one thign that annoys me about the LM list (apart from the fact that all the cool stuff are enchanted items so you cant take 2 eg. JSOD with Bane Head)

5. Spector
    Jungle Swarm

Spector New Member

I'm not a huge fan of bound items that are one use only. Might come from the fact I got used to TK and their pretty sweet bound items, but if you look at other armies (VC) who also have plenty of bound spells, Lizards seem to have gotten stiffed in that area. Maybe they'll get some more love in the new book.

6. Ychig0
    Skink

Ychig0 New Member

I agree w/ almost everyone, the rod of storm is not that good because of the one use only.And as a bound spell, can be easily disppeled. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: