1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning gamer Dad

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brunanburh, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Brunanburh
    Skink

Brunanburh Active Member

Hi folks,

Returning to gaming after 20 odd years away. The last time I played warhammer lizardmen didn't exist! Had a bad time at work a year or so ago and found myself in a quite a dark place. Ended up in a local gaming shop and bought some paints and brushes (I found some old GW hex paints in the loft but they were long dried up!). Started painting old models (from heroquest) by myself and with my kids. Recently, I have been drawn to the scaly ones. As soon as I can afford it I'll get the seraphon starter set. I don't know anyone else who plays so will probably just paint and model for now.

To cut a long story short, painting has been incredibly good for my mental health and long may it continue!

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Welcome back old man. :oldman:
    Looking forward to seeing your masterfully painted models. :artist:

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Feel free to start posting pucs of your current painted models! We always like pics! Then get to the lizards when you can!

4. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Hey welcome to the community can't wait to see what you've painted - I found a bunch of hex pots late last month they seemed dried up too - it just reminded me how much more paint you used to get and in much better containers :) - ask in your local store if they host any gaming events or know of any then you'd be sure to meet some people to play with and or teach your kids some of the rules and have some battles with them.

5. YourSwordisMine
    Skink

YourSwordisMine Member

I know what its like to be in a dark place... I suffer from severe crippling depression to the point I am unemployed and disabled... Gaming, both RPGs and Miniatures are one of my few coping methods, even though it sometimes takes a hit and I lose motivation and hobby stops all together.... Glad you've found gaming again, and keep up with it. It's worth it.

Scalenex and SlanntaClause like this.
  6. Brunanburh
    Skink

Brunanburh Active Member

Thanks for the kind welcome. I'll have to get taking some pictures.

7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

I too rejoined the hobby after a long hiatus. Whatever your needs are, we got you covered.

Painting and converting. We got you covered. Tips and techniques, honest but polite critiques and models to inspire you. We got it.

Gameplay. We cover tactics, list building and battle reports for 8th Edition Warhammer, 9th Age Warhammer, Age of Sigmar Warhammer, and Kings of War.

We have fiction, aka fluff pieces. It's mostly 8th Edition/Age of Sigmar but we welcome all fluff. It doesn't have to be reptilian, it doesn't even need to be gaming.

And We got forums to talk about memes, Star Wars, and whatnot.