1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Regiments of Renown

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by BezZeMad, May 11, 2010.

1. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

Hi Guys!!

I have finally decided to scan-in the old Regiments of Renown and other things in my White Dwarf collection. This way they'll be preserved in a more permanent form. I also decided I'll share the fruits of my labours with you guys!!

Here is a list of files (I'll add a link to a file as I scan and upload it):
    All files are password protected, the password is: lustr1a
    Amazonian Serpent Priestess
    Anakonda's Amazons
    Pizarro's Lost Legion & Tichi Huichi's Raiders
    Zombie Pirates

Bonus Stuff:
    Zombie Pirates Army Book
    Lustrian Themed Armies

Hope you guys like, Bez

P.S. Due to the nature of the conversion process and tools available to me, none of these files are "printer friendly". Print at you own risk!

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Thanks man,
    I hadn't been able to find the Amazons pdf before. :D

3. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

thought I'd just add a password to the files!

Its lustr1a

4. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

scanned and uploaded Anakonda's Amazons!
    more on the way soon

Hope you guys like!

P.S. question to admins, how do you do the funky link code where you specify a name for the link rather than just the URL?

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Hmmm I hate to say it but I think this would be breaching GW IP posting the links here.. Unless you can provide some reason it shouldn't be? Are the articles free? I would definitely be shutting this if it was current stuff, I'm giving it a chance because it is all very out of date things that I am pretty sure you can't even buy anymore if you want to.

The tag you are looking for is exactly the same as the one you have been using for links, except you put the words displayed between the two tags and linkeh=url as the first one. Example:

Code:
    [URL=www.lustria-online.com]Visit Lustria![/URL]
    Shows up as:

Visit Lustria!

6. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

Guardian of Hexoatl New Member

Thanks man :) These are awesome

7. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

Yeah I thought it might be with GW as they are now.
    However these were all made for the previous version of Warhammer and haven't been available now for almost five years!

So you definately can't buy them from GW any more.
    I don't think they were ever made available from the GW website (the Amazons anyway) but most of the Dogs of War were (Tichi Huichi's Raiders etc.)

So to be honest I'm not sure, GW won't make any money out of them any more and It's not like I'm uploading the while WD, but GW can get quite grumpy.

So if you want me to take 'em off I will.

EDIT: Found a site which said that they were available from the German sit before GW updated their website.
    Hopefully this means that it's fine uploading them as GW already made them available for free at an earlier date.

I've also discovered I'm not the first to upload rules for Anakonda's Amazons, their all over the web!

8. strewart
    OldBlood

Go for it then. Surely they can't really do anything when its for an outdated game which you cannot even buy even if you want to give them the money.
    To be honest, I'm none too concerned about GW and will happily pirate their books and help people get them (even if it probably improves sales in the end...) given the crazy prices these days, but we just need to be careful what we put on the forum. There have been a couple of sites shut down in the past. So I will tend to err on the side of caution usually.

9. walach
    Razordon

walach New Member

dont seem to work downloading for me :(

really interested to see the amazons rules as well! :p

i'll try again later see if the PC is just throwing a fit.

10. giant stegadon
    Saurus

giant stegadon New Member

Just my 2 worthless cents (in no way legal advice):

I forget the website, but there's one where they have all the older editions of citadel miniatures books you can look at. If GW allows that to remain online, I dont really see how this would be different. GW seems to be (rightly) concerned about IP issues regarding info only contained in the books (point values primarily).

The other issue that i know of is they forced a miniature website to take down images of GW products they sell at reduced prices. I think that's a little more shaky legal ground but thats off topic.

11. strewart
    OldBlood

Yeah I heard about that... Wasn't it that any photos GW takes of models is their IP so other websites cannot show them when selling products? Its why indies only show box art from photos they take themselves or nothing at all.. Certainly does seem that points values are what they are most worried about since they post the rest of the stats on the website under each unit now, but given these guys are outdated I think it should be ok. They won't really be compatible with the new rules anyway.

12. giant stegadon
    Saurus

This is getting a little off topic, but I looked up thewarstore & they had this under the explanation for GW Internet Orders Policy:

"In July of 2003 Games Workshop decided to reserve all internet sales to their own website, and in the interest of protecting their 'Intellectual Property' ("IP") they would no longer allow Web Sellers to post GW IP on private, commercial websites. A great deal of ink has been spilled debating the motivations and wisdom of this decision and I will not waste space here adding to the debate."

I'm not sure why they just don't take a pic of the box (apart from being really time consuming), but they probably think someone ordering from them can just check out the GW site to see what things look like.

From my one IP survey class it seems a case of GW using the legal hammer on stores that can't afford it.

13. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

added the Lustrain themed armies to give you guys some ideas and inspirations!
    I'm away for a couple of days so there wont be any more files uploaded for a while. Though I may get round to doing some friday.

14. giant stegadon
    Saurus

I love these-but is anyone else still having trouble with the Amazon's one? (the priestess & empire/goblin one work).

Part of me has always wanted a human slave force to field with the LM's, however now I can see why they ditched it.

15. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

just tried downloading both and they work fine for me.
    You just have to add the password lustr1a to the password box and leave the username field blank.
    Could you give me a bit more detail about your problem? and I'll try to fix it.

16. giant stegadon
    Saurus

The Priestess & Lustria Themed Armies both work-its the Anakonda's Amazon's that gives me trouble. I keep getting this message:

Error
    This file has been password protected by Monkeys_Uncle, please refresh the page to enter the password. A username is not needed.

Needless to say I've refreshed but it doesnt change. The other 2 work so I'm happy.

17. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

I've tried resetting the password and it looked like the file could have been set as private so hopefully it should work for you now.

18. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

Thanks a lot for these, I have been looking for the Amazon Priestess one forever!

19. Minxz
    Skink

Minxz New Member

I can't access the Anaconda's Amazons either. When I click on the link the page it takes me to is blank? Is is still available for download?

Thank You!

20. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

Hey Guys!
    Sorry it's been ages, but I've added Tichi Huichi's Raiders and Pirazzo's Lost Legion to the list of files.
    These are both from when they were in WD305 and they are rules updates intended to be used as part of the Conquest of the new World global campaign.

Enjoy,

EDIT: I've just tested the link and Anakonda's Amazons works for me, if you receive any further problems with it I'll try re-uploading it.