1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Regiment of Renown Tournament

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Lizards o Lustria, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Lizards o Lustria
    Skink

Lizards o Lustria New Member

A couple of months ago, I entered the regiment of renown mini-tournament thing at my local GW. Basically it was two gaming days, a week apart, and all of the matches were 100 pts a side with each individual model counting as a unit. There were other army selection rules, too, but I wont go into that. I took seven of my Lizardmen from my new Battalion, having spent the last night tirelessly painting them up, and having never played Fantasy before(while knowing the rules).
    My first match, I played against those blasted Skaven, and didnt lose a manas I utterly destroyed them. Out of the eight matches I lost just two, with my six wins coming against Skaven, twice, Warriors of Chaos (In which my cold one leader bested his Leader-a Warrior of Khorne dishing out 7 attacks a round- in single combat!), Orcs twice and the dreaded "Weasels"- Vampire counts dire wolves which the proud owner had skilfully converted to look like his favourite animals.
    Overall, I finished a very narrow third- I think I was about 30 points behind second(You picked up around a hundred points per match).

It was very fun, and a good way for me to get the feel of the game having never played before.
    I also picked up the accolade for the best painted Regiment!
    Yay for purple-scaled Lizardmen!