1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Razordons

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by LordRibbit, Jan 31, 2018.

1. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

So this popped up in a podcast and I would like some clarification:

In a unit of 4 Razordons do I roll 2d6 x 4 shots or 8d6?

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Each model rolls 2d6, so you roll 8d6.

LordRibbit likes this.
  3. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

That's what I thought.....

4. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

Apparently because its the same weapon on all of them you roll 2d6 x 4 but I can't find this rule anywhere..........?

5. Aginor
    Slann

Who says that?
    I don't see any sense in doing that.

6. Aginor
    Slann

In fact it seems there is an entry in the FAQ that caused a lot of confusion. It is pretty much the same as above, but not for number of attacks but for MODIFIERS applying to DAMAGE roll results.

7. Stevie754
    Skink

Stevie754 Member

It's in the tzeentch battletome, means you roll attacks for one model and then multiply that by the number of models in the unit.
    It makes the tzeentch fate dice and other rerolls a lot stronger.
    For example a unit of 4 razordons before you rolls 8D6, now you can roll 2D6 (for 1 model) and then times attacks by 4.

So a roll of 6&1 with a single reroll being using on the 1, let's say it gets you a 4. So instead of the rerolls giving you 3 attacks you get (3x4) 12 more attacks doing it this way. Total attacks jumps from (6+1)x4=28 to (6+4)x4=40 hit rolls to be made.

Attached Files:

LordRibbit likes this.
  8. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

I get that but when did something in a battletome and not in the FAQ's become the rules for anything outside that battletome? That's what I'm struggling with atm....

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

that's just consfusing as hell...

10. Aginor
    Slann

And I will totally ignore that. I am not going to ruin the attacks for all four Razordons just because I rolled a double one for the first one. Even though that means that I can't multiply by four if it is a double six.

Also it is in the Tzeentch Battletome. As long as it isn't covered in a publicly available document like the rules or a FAQ, OR one of my army's books I won't apply it to my army.

Canas likes this.
  11. Stevie754
    Skink

Stevie754 Member

It didn't become a rule, but GW never said it couldn't be calculated that way and have left it as an option to speed up working out number of attacks.
    You are always going to find rules or wording open to be exploited, especially rules like this that a lot of people without rerolls can't take advantage of because it gives you a bigger edge over them.

Yes, yes it is.

I tend to play salamanders over razordons, I'm going to roll all individually like I did before if I do bring razors with me.
    I don't have a starseer and the few rerolls I might get from Kroak I set aside for battleshocks or important saves, an extra couple attacks isn't worth the reroll or the arguement.

Just keep an eye open and clarify before playing tzeench if they are playing that way. They can destiny dice the attacks from a unit of Tzaangor Skyfires and their disks and suddenly they all have 3 attacks each by using a single 5 dice from their destiny dice pool

Canas likes this.
  12. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

I play Tzeentch, and having Destiny dice already feels like I'm being a mean person for my opponent, doing that would just make me feel like a complete dick :p

EDIT: 150 posts, my title finally matches my profile pic! :cool:

Canas and Aginor like this.