1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Rate my armies (2000 points)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nielspeterdejong, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

Though on second thought, I can just take the Starpriest the first time, and then take the priest if the opponent is a bit more challenging :)

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yeah, take the Starpriest for now, keep it friendly! Then if you find yourself losing effectiveness take the priest next time.

3. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Got it :)

Oh, and in case I have a 2500 point army, how does taking a sunblood (now part of the starhost, as the eternity warden doesn't have a command ability) along with a skink priest/starpriest (who is left) and 15 extra guard sound like?

Sure, the guards won't have the sweet 2+ save and D3 damage if not moving from the Eternal starhost, but they have 3+ save, which can turn to 2+ for the 10 guard unit if I buff them with my Slann, and they move with the warriors to keep them save (ranged attacks may be rerolled thanks to the Slann). I think this is a pretty good army :)

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Looks like a solid plan. Those guys are quite tough, so should be a good match

5. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

So I've been thinking, and I really want to add my skink priest to it. How viable is it that instead of the guards to soak up the first hits, I instead take 15 Cavalry knights and use my skink priest for the rerolls (still a 50% to fail with his priestly rites though)?

This way if I take the knights it will be fairer since they only have a save of 5+ as opposed to 3+ (or 2+ with the Slann mythic shield), and I can then use my mythic shield on my warriors (4+ defense, rerolls). They will take the brunt of the attack, but I will also have some cavalry which have fly (thanks to my Slann) and can charge at his vital units?

Bowser likes this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This changes up your tactics, the charges really count here, so make sure you're the one getting them. But still a solid build!

7. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Yeah, I figured that I'd be more interesting to have this build as opposed to one where I'd have more safety and could make my guards take the blows. I'm thinking about trying to move my warriors to terrain, and also use my cavalry to charge in on the bigger monsters (mortal wounds would help nicely with that).

Bowser likes this.